Responsible for assuring that our Vehicle Interface solutions are successfully integrated into the infotainment head unit product, on time with high quality. Will provide direction to both on-shore and off-shore development teams to develop new features, debug defects and write unit level test frameworks and test cases. Will utilize strong project management skills including planning, tracking to that plan, and communicating status to both internal and external customers.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
· Works with local development teams to analyze requirements, design and maintain communication frameworks for infotainment projects with on-time and high quality deliverables to project teams.
· Works with global software development teams to develop new features, debug defects and write test cases for unit testing.
· Works with software component suppliers to analyze requirements and develop interfaces to other modules.
· Leads and/or participates in meetings between PASA, suppliers, and PASA's customers for design reviews and to track project status.
· Evaluates new software releases from suppliers to ensure it meets the acceptance criteria.
· Keeps abreast of new technologies and methods for the purpose of recommending changes that will benefit current and future customer programs.
· Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
· Interprets and enforces (complies) Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
· Prepares reports, charts, graphs, and other statistical information.
· Will initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of five (5) years of experience; or a minimum of ten (10) years of full life cycle embedded software development in electronics products.
· Minimum two (2) years leading a team of software engineers with a formal development process such as Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, or Extreme Programming.
· Proficient with C, C++ and Object Oriented Design (OOD).
· Experience in designing, developing and debugging software in a real-time embedded environment.
· Experience integrating or developing an integration framework for CAN, MOST, LIN, Ethernet AVB, or equivalent.
· Working Experience in UDS diagnostic, other diagnostic protocol and application.
· Working knowledge of Software Configuration Management (SCM) systems.
· Working knowledge of a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
· Experience working in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows-based databases.
· Experience mentoring and motivate team members.
· Experience with Agile project management.
· Experience in designing Application Programming Interfaces (API's).
· Working knowledge of the IBM Jazz/RTC environment.
· Working knowledge of QNX or Linux or Android
· Working knowledge of IDE's including Eclipse.
SOME OF THE TOYS YOU GET TO PLAY WITH:
· Infotainment Projects
· Reports, Charts, Graphs
· Global Software
BENEFITS AND PERKS – WE'RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
· Great Benefits + Company-matched 401K retirement savings
· Annual Bonus Program
· Educational Assistance and Reimbursement Program
· Relaxed dress code
· Onsite Recreation Center & Café
· Telecommuter and Work Mobility Program
· Onsite Happy Hours!
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.