Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Do you love to write code? Are you passionate about software craftsmanship? Would you like to work on projects with tangible impact?
As a software engineer in the Alternate Content Engineering team you will join a team of experienced software engineers who are passionate about technology. The alternate content platform is a containerized, microservice-based, cloud-deployed service capable of handling thousands of transactions per second per container. You will work closely with a cross functional team to design, implement and maintain quality software.
At VIPER Alternate Content Engineering you will help shape the next generation of cloud-based, video delivery pipeline that provides live streams, full linear and on-demand video.
VIPER(Video IP Engineering & Research), based in downtown Denver, CO, is a division within Comcast's Technology and Product. We are a cloud-based, containerized, IP video infrastructure that's been built to deliver a broad mix of on-demand video, and live TV streams to an array of connected devices in the home.
- We value mutually respect, and encourage diversity of opinion.
- We value curiosity and experimentation, and strive for continuous improvement.
- We value team cohesion, and strive to keep individual ego in check.
- We value simplicity in our architecture and code, and strive to be detail oriented.
- We value joy in our work, and strive for work-life harmony.
- We value personal and team ownership, and strive for mutual trust.
- We value judicious refactoring, and question the status quo.
- Write tested, production-ready code
- Write appropriate documentation
- Participate in design and architecture sessions
- Build effective deployment and monitoring systems
- Support production environments
- Perform code reviews
- Participate in software release and deployment activities
- Collaborate constructively with team members
- 6+ years of relevant work experience, including programming experience.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience building and maintaining high-scale, distributed web service development including RESTful web services.
- Excellent software development skills: Java, Scala, Ruby, or Python; bash shell scripting
- Experience developing service oriented architectures and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Familiarity with microservice architecture and containerized deployment.
- Familiarity with UNIX/Linux command command-line utilities; familiarity with system administration tools and concepts a plus.
- Familiarity with distributed systems, asynchronous messaging, and network protocols.
- Familiarity with data serialization formats like XML, JSON and protocol buffers
- We are interested in a diverse set of candidates for this position. If you are not sure if you qualify, please err on the side of applying.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
A little about us:
Comcast brings together the best in media + technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences.