Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
The Senior Software Engineer will work with a small team in the design and implementation of a cross-platform client-server video management system. This position will be involved in improving the performance and reliability of the exacqVision video server, as well as increasing its ability to integrate with additional systems and technology, such as data storage, health monitoring, and configuration management.
• Design and implement client-server video management system
• Keep product current and expanding market
• Enhance existing functionality and resolve defects
• Assist with requirement definitions, design and implementation
• Support product functionality
• Test product in Windows and Linux operating systems Required Skills/Qualifications:
• BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related field
• 5+ years of progressive software engineering experience
• Experience with C/C++ & TCP/IP client-server application development
• Experience conducting functionality testing across Windows and Linux Operation systems
• Possess familiarity with Boost cross-platform framework and STL; thread and process control
• Experience with Visual Studio and gdb debugging tools; regular expressions; SQLite: XML and JSON interfaces
• Experience with callback functions and asynchronous device communication via RS-232 or 3rdparty SDK library
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.