Senior Software Engineer-Android
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Ranked #127 on the Fortune 500, Capital One is one of the nation’s top 10 banks and has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
Android App Makers wanted! Come join a team that is building the next-generation of financial apps for Capital One in Tysons Corner, VA.
If Jelly Bean and KitKat make you think of ViewPagers and Fragments instead of tasty treats, then you need to come check us out!
We are looking for passionate Android developers with 2-3 years of experience with the Android SDK.
Ideal candidates have a strong understanding of object-oriented design, utilize open source libraries as well as contribute to them, write unit tests and use GitHub for collaborative version control. Our mobile engineers are equipped with top of the line Retina MacBookPros, 27" Thunderbolt monitors and standing desks in a modern workspace with free drinks and snacks.
- Designs and builds apps
- Creates and runs unit tests
- Evaluates new technologies and stays abreast of best practices
- Consistently share best practices and improve processes within and across sprint teams
- Identify technical obstacles early and work closely with team to find creative solutions
- Mentor junior developers and work to advance culture of technical excellence
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of mobile development for native Android applications
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
- 3+ years of mobile development for native Android applications
- 3 or more shipped Android apps preferred
- A portfolio of open source code on GitHub preferred
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.