Senior Software Engineer,DevOps
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications.In this role, you will designing and developing cutting-edge experiences for Capital One customers, using existing and emerging technology platforms. You will be responsible for documenting design decisions and developing devops solutions while adhering to existing process guidelines. You will also act as mentor to junior developers, support QA automation, and will have oversight during implementation into production.
You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for the day to day operations of all in-house developed, open source, and commercial DevOps tooling owned by the team (Ensuring system availability, performance, capacity, and monitoring through proper response to incidents, events and problems)
- Develop procedures to automate various systems and tasks (e.g. automating code builds and deployments) using uDeploy, Jenkins, Git, Subversion, Docker, Terraform, and Packer.
- Execute system administration of hosting platforms capable of running on a variety of frameworks in Java on both public and private cloud infrastructures
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-boxthinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) or military experience
- At least 4 years experience with Linux adminstration
- At least 2 years experience in an AWS environment
- At least 1 year of experience using Chef
- At least 1 year of experience using Jenkins
- 2+ years of Python
- 2+ years of working with a Github repository
- 1+ years of working with Docker
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.