Senior Software Engineer(Full Stack) (Java)
Capital One has a history of disrupting, and we are doing it again. We’re experimenting, innovating, and delivering really cool stuff to 65 million customers. We love to be curious, to dream, to ask, “What if?” Oh, and we love to write code.
What will you work on as a Capital One Software Engineer? Buzz buzz buzz. Customer-facing web and mobile applications, to highly-available, highly-scalable micro-services, to back-end systems with sophisticated data pipelines. All on the cloud!
We would like to add a Full Stack Engineer to our team working on proofs of concept, modeling development approaches and being part of new innovative products. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to leverage a wide range of tools and technologies and mentor other engineers in best practices and approaches.
- Design and develop applications for Capital One.
- Mentor, coach and lead other developers in the models, languages and development approaches in the development of applications
- Interest in distributed systems, scalability, and the power of open source solutions and public cloud
- At Least 5 years experience with application development and design
- At Least 5 years experience with Java and object-oriented programming languages
- At Least 5 years experience managing and supporting the full life-cycle of IT development projects
- At Least 1 year of experience building APIs
- At Least 1 year of experience with REST, Spring framework
- 3 +years of experience with full stack development
- 1+ years of experience with modern frameworks, angular.js, and React
- 1+ years of experience with NoSQL and distributed databases
- 1+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud technologies
- 5+ years experience running large scale global applications & distributed systems
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.