Blizzard Entertainment has an opening for a talented and enthusiastic senior software / systems integration engineer to join our Battle.net Game Service (BGS) team!
The senior software / systems integration engineer will work with a small and talented team to develop scalable, highly performant platform services and, collaborate across Blizzard to integrate and operate that platform. The role focuses on server-side engineering and architecture, while interfacing with game teams as stakeholders, with a strong focus on improving the platform and empowering our games to integrate, operate, and maintain things more effectively end-to-end. The current goal being to empower games to integrate with the platform more simply, more automatically, in a more hands-off self-driven manner by designing, planning, and developing means of improving our integration practices through some combination of documentation, processes, and software development. This role will own and drive this goal with a large amount of autonomy, and will have a lot of latitude towards making it as effective as possible, all while frequently communicating and collaborating with all of our games to make it happen.
The BGS team develops the services and infrastructure that keeps millions of players online simultaneously worldwide, 24 hours a day, 365 days a week. From Overwatch to Hearthstone, StarCraft 2, Diablo 3, to World of Warcraft, regardless of the game, time zone, or scale, BGS is there to answer the call with effectiveness, and professionalism, acting as the central pillar to supercharge player engagement.
When you login, or send a friend request, or a whisper or chat, alongside millions of other players simultaneously within one of our rich virtual worlds, BGS is there. When you use Voice chat in Overwatch, or check your profile statistics on Playoverwatch.com, we are the team that makes those things possible in service to our players.REQUIREMENTS
- A minimum of 8 years combined professional software engineering and systems
- Integration / engineering experience, emphasis on application / systems integration
- Expert knowledge of computer science (CS) fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Expert understanding of service-oriented architectures, including Web services, message oriented middleware, security, and n-tier architectures
- Experience operating large distributed systems at high scale (hundreds of servers , global deployment, tens of thousands of API requests / second)
- Deep understanding of scalable and highly concurrent server architecture and design
- Deep previous experience developing, delivering, and maintaining easy-to-use APIs to multiple consumers
- Deep previous experience integrating systems and API services to multiple consumers
- Very familiar with various forms of testing practices, including integration, regression, acceptance, functional, and load testing
- Expert level soft / interpersonal communications skills, with a customer service centric approach
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, or, equivalent experience
- Familiar with Google Protobuf, multi-threading/multi-process development
- Familiar with large scale distributed systems
- Familiar with AWS, Azure, and Google AppEngine offerings
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.