PayPal In-Store is committed to revolutionizing customers' retail experiences with safe and faster mobile payment solutions by working closely with retailers of varied verticals around the globe. Working in partnership with Product and UX teams, we build the next generation of commerce products, including mobile payments, cardless ATM cash access, cloud based offers and loyalty, to name a few. We are looking for a passionate senior software engineer to join our team based in Newton, MA to lead a team of software engineers in developing In-Store platform features.
PayPal's In-Store team takes the customer experience for our products seriously, with particular focus on quality, security, performance and availability. The right candidate will be an indispensable contributor to our cloud-based platform, and have the opportunity to influence a team of engineers and provide technical leadership toward successful delivery of our customer commitments.
To join our team, you'll need to understand our customers' objectives while simultaneously demonstrating a big picture perspective regarding product and business needs. You must be an experienced engineer with a passion to do things right the first time while striving for simplicity.
Do you have a passion for good architecture and design? Is it intuitive to you why we built our platform on microservice architecture and follow domain-driven design principles? If you enjoy working across domains, and are comfortable switching gears - from developing payment transaction processing solutions and designing a PCI-compliant digital card wallet to calculating cryptograms and integrating loyalty programs; if you have an eye for customer pain points, are driven to learn new business domains just as much as new technologies, and care about quality; if you interact effectively in a team environment and take ownership for and pride in your work - then we would love to hear from you! Responsibilities :
- Manage and mentor a team of software engineers reporting to you.
- Software design and development.
- Collaborate with product and professional services teams to gather requirements.
- Software solution design.
- Work with architects to validate designs.
- Establish engineering best practices.
- Successfully deliver platform features.
- Ensure overall quality of features using test driven development and automation test script implementation.
- Mitigate technical debt on the software platform.
- Carry out code reviews.
- Collaborate cross functionally (Performance, Solutions automation etc.)
- BS in EE/CS or MS with minimum of 8 years' experience.
- Strong foundation in the object-oriented programming paradigm.
- Expertise in enterprise application development with Java.
- Ability to lead and manage a team of software engineers.
- Strong team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
Proficiency with :
Preferred Skills :
- Domain driven design
- Micro services architecture
- Spring & Hibernate
- RabbitMQ or other messaging frameworks
- TerraCotta or similar caching technologies
- Web services (REST & SOAP)
- Experience in payments processing or payments domain.
- Expertise in Cloud services.
- Mastery in enterprise systems integration.
- Familiarity with PCI compliance.
A little about us:
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.