Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
Global Services is part of the Merchant and Acquirer Processing (MAP) Product Development (PD) Group within the Visa Technology Organization. This group is responsible for building tangible, impactful, innovative and intelligent solutions across payment acceptance, payment security, payment analytics and fraud management for marquee and strategic accounts worldwide.
We are actively looking for a talented and versatile Sr. Solutions Architect to join our team! This role provides overall technology leadership of our managed analytics platform. Responsibilities include leading the architecture, implementation and support of our managed analytics platform.
- Effectively interact with internal teams to design and develop solutions to complex technical issues on highly visible business opportunities
- Analyze current solution architecture & design and propose solutions that increase business value, optimize performance and enhance quality
- Optimize system processes and data flows to maximize end user analytics and reporting capabilities as well as move our solutions closer to real-time data capture and decision analysis
- Developing best practices, guidelines, standards and procedures
- Communicate and present complex technical concepts for peers and executive level management
- 5+ years of experience with Enterprise Architecture and Distributed Computing frameworks
- 5+ years of experience with Java
- 3+ years of experience with Big Data or Data Warehouse technologies and processing large data sets
- 3+ years of SQL and relational database design
- The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, analytical, detail/results oriented with excellent problem-solving skills and strong work ethic. Highly motivated self-starter and an evangelist for "doing things right" with a passionate desire to understand and deliver high quality solutions that meet customer needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in related technical discipline, Master's Degree preferred
- Experience with Big Data distributions such as Cloudera CDH that use Hadoop, Hive, Impala, Spark, Sqoop, Flume, etc.
- Experience with Business Intelligence and RDBMS technologies, such as Tableau, OBIEE, Oracle, MySQL
- Experience with very large data sets â€" e.g. billions of records
- Experience with high volume real-time data processing
- Knowledge of Agile software development process and development best practices
- Experience in the payment industry very helpful
- Experience with Maven, JUnit
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.