Come join Oracle in Reston, Virginia and help us build the next generation of advanced services for the world's most popular database! What we are seeking
We are seeking a Senior Technical Solutions Architect with strong communication skills and experience in full stack cloud development in the Advanced Services Engineering cloud team. You will work closely with external customers and our internal engineering organization to lead technical full stack design and solution implementations on our monitoring, management, and provisioning tool stack for our customer's private database cloud environments. Our web application will utilize the latest technologies to provide a cutting edge, desktop-like user experience in the browser! This is not a hands-on development role, but your prior development skills will help guide customers and engineering to collaborate on platform solutions. Responsibilities
- Recommend, justify, and implement major changes to the web application architecture
- Provide technical leadership and expertise during the development/implementation phase
- Serve as mentor for other engineers on the development team
- Collaborate with UI Designer to prototype the user experience during the design phase
- Propose and evaluate changes to the deployment architecture to improve performance, scalability, and/or manageability
- Thorough understanding of Java EE architecture, with a focus on EJBs, JPA, and JAX-RS web services,
- Ability to communicate technical design concepts to business and technical stakeholders
- Expert programmer in Java and experience writing SOAP and/or RESTful web services
- Experience with virtualization technologies like Oracle VM and VMWare
- Understanding of different storage architectures (NAS, SAN, etc) and when to use each one
- Knowledge of network routing and load balancing principles
- Have spent time as part of an agile development team (preferably Scrum)
- Experience working with Glassfish and/or Weblogic application servers
- 10 years of industry experience
- BS/MS in computer science or related field
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 more years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.