GE Energy Connections
Energy Connections Headquarters
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Energy Connections designs and deploys industry-leading technologies that turn the world on. We transport, convert, automate and optimize energy to ensure we provide safe, efficient and reliable electrical power. Uniting all the resources and scale of the world's first digital industrial company, we connect brilliant machines, grids, and systems to power utility, oil & gas, marine, mining and renewables customers, that keep our world running.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Senior Sourcing Counsel
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Senior Sourcing Counsel manages complex issues, leads sourcing projects and contributes to development and fulfillment of GE Energy Connections' sourcing strategy. In this role, you will provide legal advice and guidance regarding a wide range of complex sourcing matters, including process & program development and implementation, sourcing deal structuring, transactional risk assessment and support, compliance requirements and training initiatives.
As the Senior Sourcing Counsel, you will:
* Provide legal analysis and support for various sourcing transactions, including structuring, drafting, reviewing, and negotiating domestic and international purchase contracts and software licenses
* Research and develop standard contract forms and other standard documents for purchase of goods, services and software
* Develop and implement processes and procedures related to sourcing strategy and transactions
* Provide identification of, and guidance regarding, regional, portfolio and transactional risks and risk mitigation
* Provide strategic and tactical advice regarding contract interpretation, claims and disputes
* Identify and lead projects to support business and sourcing strategic initiatives
* Identify issues and provide advice and counsel regarding antitrust / competition law, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, environmental, regulatory and other compliance considerations as they may impact sourcing activity
* Support risk, quality and other business initiatives
* Develop and deliver of training on legal, contract, process and compliance matters for sourcing and other business and legal personnel
* Keep abreast of legal developments and regulations that impact sourcing activities
* Communicate with personnel and management at all levels of the organization
* Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school
* Admitted to practice and in good standing with at least one U.S. State Bar
* Minimum of 8 years of post-admission legal experience in a law firm or in-house counsel position
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Strong legal acumen, including, capability, and substantial experience and success, in drafting, negotiating, and closing complex business transactions, including purchase and sale agreements and software licenses
* Demonstrated ability to resolve legal issues quickly and effectively and make on-the-spot risk calls
* Ability to prioritize conflicting demands from multiple business clients in an extremely fast-paced environment
* Strong oral and written communication skills, together with the ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization
* Strong interpersonal, collaborative, influencing and leadership skills
* Strong organizational, process improvement and project management skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.