Do you want to be at the forefront of devices innovation at Microsoft? Do you have a passion to deliver new technology to customers? Are you seeking a unique career opportunity that combines both technical capabilities, as well as business insight? The Strategic Sourcing Group at Microsoft is seeking a passionate, driven, and intellectually curious Advanced Optics Strategic Sourcing Manager to drive impact and deliver results in the world of Microsoft Devices. The Strategic Sourcing Group is a pivotal, upstream functional core in the Manufacturing and Supply Chain organization, which is part of the Windows and Devices Group at Microsoft. The Strategic Sourcing Group is responsible for all direct materials and supply chain services sourcing for our 1st party hardware devices. We develop partnerships with our internal hardware and software engineering and development teams and our third party external suppliers to deliver high-quality products that delight our customers and deliver a fantastic Windows experience.
Our Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for creating and implementing Microsoft’s global Sourcing Category Strategy for Advanced Optics subsystems used to bring Microsoft’s iconic Windows Devices to life. Sourcing Managers use their deep industry and market knowledge while partnering with R&D teams to define and create roadmaps in the Optics space. You must be a high energy, high impact individual with demonstrated ability to succeed in a dynamic business environment. Successful candidates will build long lasting, strategic partnerships with the optimal supply base and position Microsoft for sustained success.
• Develop and execute a market leading sourcing category and supply base strategy in the Advanced Optics space via full market knowledge, supplier selection, predictable and industry leading pricing plan, and total cost of ownership modeling.
• Initiate, negotiate for, and maintain high performing, long-term relationships with world class suppliers
• Secure components and/or services that will provide competitive advantage in both technology and cost for Microsoft
• Deliver accurate cost and budget projections
• Collaborate with cross functional teams to continuously improve manufacturing efficiency, yield and performances via repeatable processes, and elimination of process waste
• Develop supplier capabilities and drive roadmap visibility across Microsoft hardware businesses
• Work and partner collaboratively with a diverse set of team members, from product incubation to end-of-life to deliver high quality products
• Design a robust supply chain to ensure consistent component supply.
• BA OR 7 plus years of experience in display, design, defraction, fabrication, manufacturing or optics (REQUIRED)
• Ability to work independently and within a matrixed environment; a self-starter.
• Experienced in engineering or manufacturing.
• A propensity for business and relationship management
• Ambitious to learn and grow with a dynamic organization
• Curious and willing to take risks
• Smart and able to partner well with others
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.