Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Senior Sourcing Manager, North America Packaging. The position will be based in Skillman, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $74.3 billion in 2014 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BE VITAL in your Career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
The Senior Sourcing Manager is responsible for managing multiple aspects of the Strategic Sourcing relationship with specific packaging suppliers in named commodities (high spend, high complexity, multi-category scope), including:
• Financial Performance and Budget Compliance
• Sourcing Strategy Development and Implementation
• Negotiation of Supply Agreements and other Legal Documents
• Support for Innovation and Capacity Building
• Leadership of Market Engagement Events
• Collaboration across Numerous Internal Functions to Drive Strategic Supplier Strategy in Alignment with Overall Organizational Goals
The Senior Sourcing Manager, will identify, quantify and drive projects and business initiatives in support of North America, Global Source and Supply Chain strategies and financial commitments. He/She will play a key leadership role in a global category strategy for Packaging and will drive strategic decision-making within the North America region across multi-function stakeholders. He/She will be responsible for all aspects of people management and development of 1-5 direct reports (Manager or Lead level). He/She will also be responsible for management and execution of major Source programs (i.e. Cost Improvement Programs) within their dedicated commodities set to deliver their financial commitments.
The role has a high impact for the J&J Consumer business in ensuring that our packaging suppliers produce products that are of consistent and high levels of quality, are delivered with acceptable service performance and are procured in a cost-effective way, to drive overall best value for the organization. The role also has a critical impact on the overall strategic direction for packaging both regionally and globally.
To be successful, the Senior Sourcing Manager must:
1. Have great knowledge of the suppliers, markets and business context in their scope and in the scope of their direct reports
2. Be an excellent collaborator within the Supply Chain organization (Direct Materials Procurement, Planning, Manufacturing and New Product Introduction), Marketing, Quality, Technical Services, Legal and ad hoc project teams
3. Demonstrate inspired leadership with the ability to influence others to engage in projects and to drive business deliverables
4. Demonstrate people leadership, coaching and development abilities
5. Demonstrate program management capabilities
6. Have strong financial skills relating to cost accounting
People and Organizational Leadership
• Manage 1-5 direct reports, supporting them via the 5 conversations and regular coaching / development
• Drive goals against business imperatives by leading and participating on cross-functional teams
• Be a leader and key influencer within the North America Consumer SC Procurement team
• Be a leader and key influencer within the Global Packaging Category
Sourcing Strategy Deployment
• Collaboratively design and implement regional and global sourcing strategies that deliver best Total Value for the J&J Consumer Group of Companies and J&J customers for assigned commodities/sourcing groups
Supplier Relationship Management
• Accountable for defining and ensuring competent management of suppliers within scope of control
• Accountable for crisis resolution through early escalation and deployment of internal resources
• Lead SRM activities for suppliers within scope of control
Access to Innovation/Sustainability
• Lead efforts to identify and implement product or technology innovation from Suppliers (via Supplied Enabled Innovation, Partner Enabled Development, or other means)
Cost and Complexity Reduction
• Analyze complex supplier proposals and use decision-making tools/models, including financial and non-financial criteria, to facilitate award recommendations.
• Conduct comprehensive supplier analysis and screening (strategic direction, financial due diligence, market position, power within industry, capabilities & capacity, risk assessment).
• Drive supplier diversity opportunities where applicable
• Identify cost improvement opportunities, drive through feasibility and resource alignment discussions and assure execution timelines and tracking of delivered savings
• Own and proactively manage overall financial performance in a number of key areas, including inflation, J&J driven cost, for all suppliers within scope of control; own P&L roll-up for full scope (to include suppliers managed by direct reports).
Compliance and Contract Management
• Support organization to negotiate appropriate supply terms and agreements with Packaging Suppliers that best meet the needs and risks posed to J&J.
• Ensure Supplier compliance towards all J&J requirements (Regulatory, Health & Safety, Environment, Sustainability, QA, Sarbanes-Oxley, contract compliance) with support of operational teams.
The Senior Sourcing Manager will represent J&J extensively with external suppliers and must maintain strict discipline with regard to confidential/sensitive information and must maintain strongest code of ethics.
The Senior Sourcing Manager will be interfacing and negotiating with levels of management and peers in other functional groups within J&J (cross-sector, cross-region, in company).
The Senior Sourcing Manager will be managing 1-5 direct reports and will be responsible for compliance to the annual performance management cycle (5 conversations).Qualifications
1. Bachelor’s Degree (Procurement/Supply Chain/Economics/Business/Science/Engineering or related fields)
2. Prior experience managing direct reports (including contractors)
3. Demonstrated financial experience
4. Experience working in a cross-functional environment
5. Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
6. Strong working knowledge and proven results in Strategic Sourcing/Procurement.
1. Advanced Degree
2. Project/cost accounting
3. Knowledge of packaging
4. Experience with program management
5. Experience working in the area of secondary packaging (Labels/Corrugate/Cartons)
6. Experience working in the area of FMCG and/or OTC
7. Experience working/leading on a global team
United States-New Jersey-SkillmanOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function