Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people. Responsibilities
The Senior SOX Compliance Analyst will work as a member of the SOX compliance team to perform effectiveness testing of key control activities to ensure compliance with control objectives and the effective operation of internal controls over financial reporting (ICOFR). They will assist in the continued refinement, timely completion, and ongoing maintenance of all SOX 404 documentation (process flows, narratives and risk matrices). This position will also be responsible for testing SOX IT related controls.
This individual will work with appropriate individuals to execute internal control testing in support of the SOX compliance program. Create and execute test procedures and document test results in accordance with work paper guidelines. Prepare work papers to ensure consistency between test objectives, evidence obtained and test results. Keep management apprised of testing status and escalate exceptions / key issues for review. Coordinate and / or participate in process walkthroughs with management (process owners) to review all existing key controls. Assist management in updating current process documentation over internal controls, and actively partner with management to ensure effective controls are in place to address key business and financial reporting risks. Work with SOX management team to implement the annual audit plan and work with appropriate resources to execute the audit plan. Develop and maintain a professional relationship with client personnel. Work with Manger SOX Compliance (IT) to assess effectiveness of application controls and key reports relating to business processes. Evaluate both Business and IT related controls for integrated auditing efforts. Obtain a thorough understanding of the various business processes and systems under review. Ensure that deliverables are completed in a timely and accurate fashion. Assist with special projects as needed.
This role is currently based in Bethpage, NY with a future location change to Long Island City, NY in December 2017 or early 2018. Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent.
- At least five years experience in Audit, SOX Compliance, Consulting, Accounting or other business related activity. Big 4 experience a plus, but not required.
- CPA / CIA / CISA / MBA preferable.
- Must be a self-starter and able to manage projects with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio).
- Understanding of IT Audit processes and procedures a plus.
- Working knowledge of GRC software a plus.
- Analytical or statistical experience.
- A desire to understand the systems and processes under review and Company operations, policies and procedures
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work independently.
- Quick learner with excellent interpersonal and time management skills and is a team player who is highly motivated and detail-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- High level of energy and commitment, stress tolerance.
- Demonstrated flexibility and creativity.
- Ability to work with others.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to prepare and articulate objective, defensible, fact-based information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
A little about us:
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States.