About the Space Planner Position:
As a Space Planner at Oracle, you perform a critical role as a member of the Real Estate & Facilities team. Responsibilities vary and will include but not be limited to the following:
• Preparing various site capacity plans and vacancy analyses for locations throughout the US & Canada.
• Delivery of planning information and recommendations to regional facility managers; interface with business unit leaders as required to review proposed plans.
• Working with regional facility management regarding stacking plans, occupancy planning, adjacencies and developing various move scenarios.
• Providing cost and occupancy detail to respond to business unit requests.
• Interface with global planning team as we prepare metro site analyses.
• Utilizing AUTOCAD and other space planning tools to create scenario plans.
• Knowledge of contract furniture & vendor installations to provide furniture configuration recommendations.
• Providing assistance in tracking site vacancies, making site recommendations and comparing occupancy to established metrics such as RSF/Head, RSF/Workstation and Heads/Workstations.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interface with various management levels.
• Previous experience of 6-10 years working as a facility planner, occupancy planner or space planner desired.
• Advanced proficiency in AUTOCAD is essential.
Provide building and office management services for economy of operation and maximum usage of facilities and equipment. Work with external vendors to develop and implement facilities plans. Review vendor contracts, onsite vendor performance, timely work order completion, and construction related activities. Participate in collaborative space planning efforts with internal resources and user groups. Prepare and monitor annual property budget and other related costs in facility planning. This position will interface with both senior management as well as individual contributors.
As a member of our Real Estate and Facilities team, you will assist the building or office manager in all aspects of daily operations. This may include managing Oracle*s office space and equipment. Ensure adherence to company guidelines, processes and building and safety codes. Obtain, review and estimate design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, and preparation. Prepare annual budget. Conduct benchmarking.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. May have project lead role. Applies professional, technical, and operational depth and experience to continuously improve service quality. Good communication skills and familiarity with email and MS Office applications is essential. After hours contact for facilities emergencies, accessible via phone or pager. Degree, relevant certification or equivalent with 8 years prior facilities management or assistant property manager experience preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.