Responsible for the management, support and operations of the enterprise data and voice network. Has an in depth knowledge of Avaya PBX and Call Center Programming, as well as Cisco Network products. This includes but limited to, being familiar with adding and removing phone extensions, building coverage groups, changing programming on a phone, and working with voicemail. The Call center functions would include but not limited to, understanding vdn's and vectoring, time of day steps, creating announcements, and a basic understanding of how a call flow is programmed. Functional requirements of the position includes, creating and completion of Remedy Service, Problem and Change tickets within the specific time frames of each ticket, to ensure all SLA's are met.. Understanding of how IP and Port assignments are managed and being able to fulfill requests as needed, and being able to patch cables in our Telcom closets. Working with our business partners to meet their expectations on all PIRS and tickets. Create and follow documentation tools, such as IPMAN, ORC, etc . Take corrective action for telephony or network problems and appropriately escalate as necessary. Experience automating maintenance and administrative tasks with scripting tools such as PowerShell, Perl, Python, KSH/BASH a plus. This is a 5 day position, based in Newark NJ with overtime required on an on-call rotation.
- 2-3 years of experience in data network technologies and voice telephony
- Significant technical knowledge and experience with hands on troubleshooting
- Fundamental analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills are required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines is required
- Good organizational and follow up skills are a must
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to multi task in a sometimes hectic environment
- Good working knowledge of the following products is preferred:
Hardware and Operation systems:
- AVAYA PBX 450 systems as well as CM types.(the programming and understanding on how they work), how to add and remove extensions, create coverage paths, etc
- AVAYA ASA program
- AVAYA Modular Messaging. CMS. ACD call centers and being able to create vectors and call flows
- Cisco Call Managers (voice), Unity voice mail and programming stations and extensions
- - Windows XP, Windows 2000 Server, Windows Server 2003, DNS, TCP/IP, SMS and Microsoft's management andtroubleshooting tools
- Understanding of Automation Tools and the ability to apply them to automate manual tasks. Such as PowerShell, Perl, Python, KSH/BASH.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel, Visio, and Lotus Notes
- Remedy Ticketing, problem and change management
A little about us:
Prudential was founded on the belief that being financially prepared is a right, not a privilege.