Ethicon, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Specialist, Production Planning and Scheduling, located in San Angelo, TX.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures, hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars, energy devices and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of open and minimally invasive surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of surgery.
The Senior Specialist, Production Planning and Scheduling will:
- Prepare schedules and ensure timely completion of work orders for manufacturing processes.
- Drive customer service and inventory results for their assigned codes.
- Analyze product demand, sales patterns, forecasts, production specifications and plant capacity data.
- Identify raw material and component requirements for production from Engineering and Production.
- Review support documents for scheduling, such as route sheets, and enter all requirements into the planning system or process as required.
- Monitor planning modules or production planning systems and related information.
- Monitor and identify opportunities for improving lead times.
- Act as the Business Unit Manager’s (BUMs) customer service champion and recommend actions to achieve service and inventory objectives.
- Provide guidance on any activity that affects capacity required to achieve the short term production volume, which would include making recommendation to the BUM on the need to run overtime to achieve the production requirements.
- Review capacity loads and identifies possible manufacturing constraints. Monitor and anticipate production issues due to capacity and new product launches.
- Provide weekly and daily direction to the manufacturing BUM and leadership team to ensure required production levels are achieved.
- Ensure optimum mix of codes and quantities are scheduled within available capacity on a daily basis.
- Coordinate with supply chain partners to ensure raw materials are available to achieve the production plan.
- Work with Supply Planner to identify proper allocation of scarce raw materials.
- Identify root causes to issues and recommend corrective actions affecting ability to run the short term production plan.
- Ensure the Process Excellence team updates planning parameters to reflect demonstrated manufacturing capability (lead time, yield, scrap rates, usage rates).
- Ensure planned events (conversion / transfers) affecting production do not impact customer service or inventory goals.
- Create Change Orders (COs) necessary to support planned events/base business, ensure Bill or Material (BOM) accuracy and correct work orders as required.
- Manage/map capacity within the Advanced Planning System (APS).
- Ensure Johnson & Johnson affiliate product requirements are satisfied.
- Prepare production/planning reports as required including projections.
- Analyze month end activity to determine the need for forecast modification and recommend revisions.
- Provide information as necessary to track/trend customer service, inventory and performance metrics.
- Establish effective communication with various groups such as customers, sales offices, and/or plant production departments as required.
- Monitor work orders from start to ensure the on time delivery of products.
- Participates in new product launch meetings and assist in developing new product forecasts and production schedules.
- Lead and identify improvement opportunities for plant or manufacturing unit supply Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) as required.
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve inventory investment through inventory entitlement model for applicable production line.
- Drive Lean/Six Sigma improvement Kaizens or opportunities.
- Follow current compliance regulations and standards and comply with all federal regulated programs.
- The San Angelo Plant is a 24/7 operation; weekends and holidays are included in the work schedule.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of general business experience is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Medical Device industry experience is preferred.
- Experience in supply chain/operations preferred.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedures is preferred.
- Experience working in a regulatory environment is preferred.
- Experience working with raw materials suppliers preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, etc.) is required.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or Advanced Planning Systems (i.e. JD Edwards (JDE), SAP, etc.) required.
- Experience with data mining through the use of database tools (i.e. Microsoft Access, Cognos, etc.) preferred.
- Experience or training in Process Excellence (Lean, Six Sigma) is preferred.
- Lean or Six Sigma Green Belt Certification is preferred.
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) and/or Certified in Supply Chain Planning (CSCP) preferred.
- Must have the ability to translate complex situations into simple working solutions.
- Must have the ability to function independently, with limited supervision, while supporting overall team goals.
- The position will require up to 10% travel.
United States-Texas-San AngeloOrganization
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.