Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Strategic Customer Resources & Innovative Patient Solutions (SCRIPts) department of US Market Operations is seeking a motivated, qualified and experienced candidate to join the Sample Team for Allocation & Resources.
This individual will work across functions, divisions and vendors and be responsible to manage, coordinate and execute the communications, systems, orders and fulfillment of resources like samples, coupons, vouchers, etc. to the entire US market field based employees. In addition, s/he will be responsible for operational excellence projects and be a change champion.
Primary responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Manage, coordinate and execute the allocation and ordering of samples by field based employees (FBEs)
- Manage samples supply chain from receipt at distribution center through delivery; provide customer service for exceptions like - cancelled orders, undeliverables, FBE supply issues, etc.
- Support marketing brands for their samples needs in forecasting, inventory management and supply
- Communicate and work with MMD planning, quality, logistics and franchise management for product launches, changes to images, circular revisions and supply issues
- Monitor and manage distribution vendor(s) to ensure service levels agreements are met and business goals are achieved
- Ensure all processes, systems and data meet compliance requirements
- Liaison with the IT organization covering all Merck and non-Merck samples supply systems integration and data issues; identify and develop IT business requirements as processes change
- Develop and manage operational excellence projects to enhance customer service and reduce cost through improvements
- Consult in the design of market research, VOC, key market segments and deliver actionable customer insights and recommendations to the business
- Coordinate team cross functional meetings
- Responsible to define and monitor critical supply chain KPI's (internal and external) using industry standards
- Champion intent, people and delivery aspects of Change Realization projects
- Implement changes to the sample supply chain (SOP's, work flow documents and protocols)
- Provide direct vendor oversight, manage site visits, performance metrics, and vendor assessments, as needed
- Accountable for program financials, monitoring and reporting supply chain operations
- Required: BS/BA
- Preferred: MBA/MS/MA
- Minimum experience of 4-6 years in a marketing or sales operations role as a sales representative, marketing analytics, communications, or planning
- Understanding of the US market sales operations processes
- Direct vendor management oversight experience and ability to diagnose and remedy pain points
- Ability to embrace, champion and lead change and manage projects to deliver results
- Business acumen in the areas of process, management, contracts and finance
- Proven experience at creating and fostering a collaborative atmosphere
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability for project management
- Excellent computer skills - Excel, WORD, PowerPoint, etc.
- Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Science or Arts
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data using common tools - Access, SQL, etc.
- Certification in planning, supply chain or logistics
- Experience in ERP or MRP systems for planning and scheduling
- Knowledge of PDMA, FDA, and state level regulations with regards to samples, vouchers and coupons
- Job Owner experience with Merck Medical/Legal PRT processes
- Emotional intelligence and strong interpersonal skills to develop relationships, influence perceptions and facilitate change without direct reporting authority
- Pragmatic Six Sigma Process Improvement and Change Management skills
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement