Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Scientific Information Management Team within Merck Research Labs (MRL) Information Technology is seeking a talented, highly motivated and energetic individual to join the Master Data Management team as a Technical Analyst. Under the direction of the US Master Data Management (MDM) Delivery Lead, the Technical Analyst will support MRL business areas by driving the definition of detailed business and functional specifications to enable the development of application/system solutions that directly support business objectives. He/she will also be required to complete the appropriate SDLC compliance and quality assurance documentation.
As a Technical Analyst, the incumbent will be required to understand key business strategies and desired outcomes. He/she will assist business partners in defining scope, business requirements, schedule, design and estimates for the construction and implementation of technical solutions to fulfill business requirements. The Technical Analyst will participate on a virtual team of cross-divisional IT resources focusing on multiple MRL initiatives.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Understanding high level business needs / goals and translating these into technical design documentation
- Documenting detailed, testable business and technical requirements for technical solutions
- Assisting in the development of conceptual mock-ups or configuration prototyping relative to business interface design
- Designing and proposing technical solutions targeted at meeting business requirements
- Understanding and application of End to End MDM Solution patterns
- Ensuring alignment with Governance and IT architecture standards and roadmaps
- Engaging relevant resources as needed to ensure complete and accurate specifications are defined
- Working within the confines of a detailed project plan and budget to ensure delivery of technical solution
- Managing work with shared services organizations and development partners as needed for end to end solution analysis and overall project delivery
- Developing proper system documentation and driving the review and approval process
- Monitoring compliance with documentation throughout all aspects of the system development life cycle
- Assessing change requests and potential impact to scope
- Escalating critical issues to the US MDM Delivery Lead, as appropriate
- Playing a liaison role to construction, quality control, user acceptance testing and installation personnel
- Keeping abreast of new development technologies, methodologies, industry practices and standards
- Skills and proven experience in the definition of Master Data Management (MDM) Requirements, End to End solution analysis, and MDM solution delivery.
Required Experience and Skills:
- The candidate should have 4 - 10 years of Information Technology experience in the areas of business analysis, process engineering, or solutions delivery work.
- A strong understanding of Master Data Management (MDM) concepts, design principles, and best practices is required. "Hands on" implementation experience using Informatica MDM (Siperian).
- Experience with requirements gathering, analysis, and process engineering formal methodologies are required.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are mandatory.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 10 years of pharmaceutical related experience is desirable.
- A Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field is recommended.
- Strong ability to work independently and a demonstrated ability to succeed in a dynamic and complex team environment are preferred.
- Experience with Informatica MDM (Siperian), Reltio, Veeva Network, or other related MDM tools is preferred.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement