The primary purpose of this role is to assist in the development of the software quality assurance (SQA) test strategy and project plans for moderately to highly complex IT initiatives across multiple SQA domains. This includes responsibility for assisting in the development of a formal GQS (Global Quality Services) Framework and providing end-to-end quality assurance throughout the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for moderately to highly complex IT initiatives in multiple SQA domains.
• Assists in developing a formal GQS (Global Quality Services) Framework by applying an understanding of company software testing methodologies, quality standards and internal/external controls
• Promotes continuous improvement and makes recommendations for framework enhancements
• Participates in gate assessments for various SDLC stages with guidance from senior team members as appropriate
• Assists in the development of software quality assurance (SQA) test strategy for moderately to highly complex IT initiatives across multiple SQA domains by analyzing business and technology requirements to ensure stability and traceability
• Identifies, defines and mitigates issues, dependencies and risks related to testing
• Develops and executes front and or back-end test case scenarios in accordance with the GQS framework and company testing methodology
• Identifies and escalates quality risks, issues, conflicts and/or resistance across teams throughout the SDLC
• Assists in the development of software quality assurance (SQA) project plans by participating in the identification of project scope and level-of-effort (LOE) estimates
• Adheres to established SQA processes and controls
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS or related field
• 6+ years of experience in SQA
• 2+ years of experience in a leadership role
• 3+ years experience working with automation testing frameworks, including 2+ years in framework creation and maintenance.
• Experience using Selenium and/or Appian
• 4+ years experience in software or systems programming and/or scripting.
• 3+ years experience working with Web Services technologies for system or software testing.
• 3+ years experience working with onshore and offshore teams.
• 2+ years experience working in and defining the requirements for virtual testing environments.
• 3+ years of experience in a large matrixed organization, working with IT vendors and writing technical documentation
• 4+ years of experience in the retail industry, working on projects involving the implementation of software development life cycles (SDLC) and working with integration technologies
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,370 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
A little about us:
Lowe’s isn’t just a home improvement company; we’re committed to creating a culture that’s inspiring.