Panasonic Corporation is working with Tesla Motors, Inc. to manufacture photovoltaic (PV) cells and modules for solar panels at Tesla’s Solar City factory in Buffalo, New York.
Panasonic's role will be to manufacture and supply PV cells and modules with unique heterojunction photovoltaic cells, combining a crystalline silicon wafer with an amorphous silicon layer. Products will feature industry-leading module conversion efficiency and outstanding temperature coefficient characteristics.
The collaboration will make optimum use of both companies’ strengths to enhance the competitiveness of their products, generating a synergy effect between Panasonic’s technological and manufacturing expertise in the photovoltaic business and Tesla’s strong sales channels, rich creativity and market-leading, cutting-edge innovation.
The factory’s production began in the summer of 2017. By expanding the scale of production capacity over time, Panasonic expects to reach production capacity of over 1 GW (GigaWatt) by 2019. Tesla is making a long-term purchase commitment to Panasonic for products manufactured at the Solar City factory.
This is an opportunity that’s made to order for a career-minded individual who wants to make a difference and contribute to a more sustainable future based on renewable energy. Join this creative technology collaboration as it staffs up for initial production and grow with it as operations get under way and expand.
Currently, PESSNY has an immediate opening available for a Senior Staff Accountant .
This position will support the Buffalo facility by performing moderately complex accounting activities. Paying special attention to inconsistencies and problems and bringing findings to the attention of management.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Financial Data Management
- Prepare journal entries
- Process inter-company / divisional transactions
- Verify validity of monthly allocations
- Review and approve coding of operating expenses
- Prepare accruals and other adjusting entries
- Prepare account reconciliations Controls and Compliance
- Insures full compliance with PESSNY and PNA policies, internal controls, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Insures protection of company assets in all areas through front line knowledge and experience
- Investigate, resolve or report to the accounting manager any inconsistencies or improprieties
- Review and interpret accounting policies and procedures Financial Analysis
- Identify and research account discrepancies
- Verify inter-company assessments
- Define and post reclass entries as needed
- Review general ledger accounts and correct journal entries
- Perform accounting analysis, such as, but not limited to: balance sheet accounts, expense and salary accruals, department expense analysis, prepaid and insurance, employee relocations, travel advances, etc.
- Assist in performing monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analysis
- Prepare other ad-hoc requests Budgeting and Reporting
- Prepare financial reports and related statements
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or concentration in Accounting required
- A minimum of 4 years cumulative accounting experience required
- Understanding of accounting software and programs
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and collaborative
- Excellent communication skills, customer service oriented
What We Offer:
- Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
- Rewards and recognition for great achievements
- Growth opportunities for career development
- Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
- Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
A little about us:
Panasonic endeavors each day to shape a brighter future through the development of technologies designed to improve lives of our customers, employees and community.