The Hartford currently has an in-house opportunity for a Senior Staff Attorney - Tort and General Liability in the Central TX area (Primarily Austin and San Antonio) with the potential to handle some cases in Dallas and Houston on an as needed basis.
This is a remote position.
This position partners with our insureds and claim centers to deliver the best possible result in pending litigation.
The Senior Staff Attorney will:
Analyze complex legal and factual issues, conduct extensive, well-reasoned legal research, independently develop and
present defense strategies on behalf of clients, as well as in the prosecution of subrogation actions on behalf of The
Prepare complex pleadings, written discovery, depositions, motions and briefs in support of defense strategies without
supervision because of level of experience and expertise.
Provide effective and timely communications, information, legal advice and other services to clients and claims on legal
and factual issues.
Communicate with the court, witnesses, opposing counsel and co-counsel in a manner consistent with established office
Responsible for the prompt, efficient and effective disposition of assigned cases.
Independently prepares and presents witnesses and evidence at trials, judicial and administrative hearings, arbitrations
and alternative dispute resolutions.
Research, draft, file and argue appellate briefs in reviewing courts on behalf of clients.
Attend continuing legal education seminars in order to maintain high level of professional expertise. Qualifications:
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- JD from accredited law school and license to practice in the state of Texas.
- Experienced litigation attorney
- Focus on GL and Risk transfer Experience
- Jury trial experience required.
- 10 years law practice, preferably within the insurance defense industry
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
The location of this remote position is flexible within the Austin, TX area.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **