The Hartford currently has an in-house opportunity for a Senior Staff Attorney - Workers' Compensation in the Central Jersey area.
This position partners with our insureds and claim centers to deliver the best possible result in pending Workers Compensation claims against our insureds/the company. The Senior Staff Attorney will:
- Independently prepare and present extensive case lists within the assigned WC Court and present witnesses and evidence at trials and judicial hearings.
- Analyze complex legal and factual issues, conduct extensive, well-reasoned legal research, independently develop and present defense strategies on behalf of clients.
- Prepare pleadings, written discovery, motions and briefs in support of defense strategies without supervision because of level of experience and expertise.
- Provide effective and timely communications, information, legal advice and other services to clients and claims on legal and factual issues.
- Assist in developing training materials for the WC claim department.
- Work with the WC claim department and Law Department on special projects related to the practice of workers compensation.
- Communicate with the court, witnesses, opposing counsel and clients in a manner consistent with established office procedures.
- Responsible for the prompt, efficient and effective disposition of assigned cases.
- Research, draft, file and argue appellate briefs in reviewing courts on behalf of clients.
- Attend continuing legal education seminars in order to maintain high level of professional expertise. Qualifications:
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- JD from ABA accredited law school and licenses to practice in the state of New Jersey required.
- Experienced Workers' Compensation attorney.
- Minimum 7 years law practice, preferably within the insurance defense industry dealing with workers' compensation m atters with additional experience handling MCP litigation.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
The location of this remote position is flexible within the Central to North Jersey area with a primary focus on covering cases listed in more than one county in said geographic region.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **