Our Crowe Horwath Chicago and Oak Brook offices are growing! We’re looking for future leaders, which means career growth for you.
As a Senior Staff Auditor on our fun, close-knit Financial Services audit team, this is what part of your work entails:
- Your focus will be on our financial services clients.
- You’ll run the show. We’re talking client engagements from start to finish. This includes all aspects of financial statement preparation, internal staffing of engagements, project scheduling and budgeting, planning of the engagement and related administrative functions.
- Part of the job is maintaining a good working relationship with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform audit services (a key ingredient to growing our firm).
- You’ll be supervising, training, and mentoring staff and interns on audit process and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews; performing in-charge role, which will help sharpen your leadership skills.
- It’ll also involve researching and analyzing financial statements and audit issues utilizing electronic databases, and employing audit software to review and compile financial information.
- Be proactive in interacting with key client management to gather information, resolve audit-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- 3+ years of experience in public accounting external audits.
- Though SEC experience is preferred, you’ve got to have financial services or institutions public accounting external audit experience. Having both public and private companies would be nice.
- Experience with engagement management, audit and review skills and staff supervision are required
- You’ll need to be able to multi-task as planning, executing and wrapping up various engagements may have to be performed concurrently.
- Ability to perform research on technical matters prior to submitting for manager review is essential.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and audit preparation software.
- You must meet the 150-hour requirement for CPA eligibility for Illinois. If you have a CPA license in Illinois, that’s even better.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
This opportunity is open for candidates interested in full-time or seasonal work arrangement options. You can work on all aspects of engagements, participate in continuing education and continue to get the necessary on-the-job training to grow professionally. Seasonal work arrangement can be tailored to match the demands of client service with the desire you may have for a lower total overall work schedule.
Visit Crowecareers.com and find out what it's like to work with people who love what they do!
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values®,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.
Now you may have some thoughts. For example:
“My daily commute is adding dark circles to my eyes.” Check out our Where to Work policy:
“I’m running out of clean business attire.” Perhaps our What to Wear policy can help:
“I’m not familiar with Crowe’s culture.” These recognitions speak for themselves:
Want an awesome work culture, growth with an innovative firm, and engaging work? Apply today!
A little about us:
Crowe Horwath LLP is a public accounting, consulting and technology firm dedicated to connecting specialized knowledge with innovative technology to bring value to our clients.