Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
- Provide technical leadership for the Center of Excellence.
- Collaborating with partners from business and technology organizations, develop following key deliverables: Information product and data platform strategy, Data Operations, Data availability, roadmap and proposals Information products and platform optimization.
- Working closely with development, engineering and operation teams, jointly develop following key deliverables ensuring production scalability and stability: Conceptual architecture and detailed design
- Project budget estimate and funding request Implementation plan
- Develop various facets across platforms to cater real-time data processing requirements and provide L2, L3 Support for Large Clusters across DB2, Hadoop, SAS and BI.
- Able to help and Guide L1 support engineers to fix day-to-day Operational issues.
- Perform Tuning and Increase Operational efficiency on a continuous basis.
- Formulate methods to enable consistent Data loading and optimize Data operations.Monitor health of the platforms and Generate Performance Reports and Monitor and provide continuous improvements.
- Evaluate and introduce technology tools and processes that enable Visa to develop products and solutions, to embrace business opportunities and/or improve operational efficiency.
- Work directly with project development teams to enable successful project implementation.
- Work with Architecture and Development teams to understand usage patterns and work load requirements of new projects in order to ensure the Hadoop platform can effectively meet performance requirements and service levels of applications.
- Develop and enhance platform best practices and educate Visa developers on best practices.
- A minimum of 12 years of technical experience with a focus on open source and large data implementations in the Petabyte range.
- Business acumen and technical expertise are both required for the role.
- Experience with multiple open source tool sets in the Big Data space.
- Experience with both traditional waterfall and iterative rapid release methodologies.
- Proven track record developing and launching products at scale.
- Possess significant functional knowledge including product development, marketing, payment and product risk.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as technical lead organizing and mentoring junior. and intermediate level developers.
- Experience leading technical teams of 5 to 10 people.
- Minimum of four-year technical degree required.
- Experience in tool Integration, automation, configuration management in GIT, Jira platforms.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-driven, ability to work independently and as part of a team. Experience on Cloudera distribution preferred.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.