Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
Global Services is part of the Merchant and Acquirer Processing (MAP) Product Development (PD) Group within the Visa Technology Organization. This group is responsible for building tangible, impactful, innovative and intelligent solutions across payment acceptance, payment security, payment analytics and fraud management for marquee and strategic accounts worldwide.
We are looking for a talented Senior Staff Software Engineer to join our team!
Senior Staff Software Engineer
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer you will help lead, design, enhance and build our solutions for customers in an agile, fast-paced environment. You will be working with colleagues across the company, who will help support and challenge you every day. Designing code, writing code, unit testing code, reviewing code and frequent check-ins for continuous integration is just part of your DNA. You will see your code going to production in just a few days and used by strategic accounts worldwide. If this sounds exciting, we would love to chat and tell you more about our work culture, solutions and opportunities.
We expect our Senior Staff Software Engineers to do much more than just writing code. Your responsibilities will include:
- Help our clients achieve their business goals by understanding their requirements and delivering the best solution
- Use technologies including J2EE, JS, REST, NoSQL and more
- Leverage newer technologies and develop solutions to build the next generation of payment solutions
- Lead efforts to architect, design and implement various aspects of secure payment solutions
- Lead and provide technical mentoring to a team of talented engineers
- Lead meetings and discussions with non-technical teams
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal skills along with a team player focus
- Solid foundation in requirements scoping, data structures, algorithms, instrumenting and performance benchmarking, problem solving and complexity analysis
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of software development experience in Java/J2EE
- 5+ years in a technical leadership role
- 5+ years of hands experience in database technologies like MySQL/Oracle, NoSQL and/or MongoDB 5+ years of experience with scalable web services
- 5+ years of experience with object-oriented programming (OOP) and object-oriented designed (OOD)
- 5+ years of experience building and delivering complex solutions for customers
- 5+ years of experience with Linux, SQL, JS, Groovy, Perl, AngularJS, etc.
- MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience with high-volume and high-availability transactional ecosystems and big data solutions
- Considerable experience with systems engineering lifecycle (SELC) best practices, software development methodologies (Agile, RUP) and DevOps practices
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.