Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
The Risk and Authentication domain group is responsible for the testing and quality assurance of applications that provide Visa client authentication solutions and solutions which detect, prevent, and mitigate fraud for Visa and Visa client payment systems.
The successful candidate will be responsible for solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. The candidate will serve as a technical specialist and work independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, document and implement new systems, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software with code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java/J2EE best practices. Coding must adhere to all standards for security, be easily maintainable and have high system performance.
- Manage the implementation process for assigned projects
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code and be responsible for insuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA
- Write software code that complies with design specification and code software solutions to meet development and support deliverables by creating design components, develop code and testing changes that adhere to department standards, be easily maintainable, and have good system performance
- Conduct code reviews, as requested, to insure compliance to standards
- Serve as a point contact for onshore and offshore development teams to assist them in integration activities
- Communicate with customers and appropriate third parties; participate in impact analysis, review business requirements, estimate work effort on new projects.
- Work closely with other project team members and, as required, interface with other groups to develop and implement appropriate solutions
- Work with other team members to ensure that projects and best practices coding standards are enforced
- Support and maintain web applications critical to the day-to-day functions of global business units
- Bachelors/Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- Minimum 7 years software design and development experience in enterprise-class, mission-critical open standards and web development and deployment environments.
- 3 or more years demonstrated experience implementing solutions for one or more of the following: Payment Services, Authentication, Authorization, Identity Administration, or Federation.
- 3 or more years demonstrated experience with n-tier web application development and experience in Java development. Must demonstrate knowledge and experience with many of the major Java APIS (e.g. JMS, JPA, JNDI, EJB, RMI, JAX, etc.).
- Demonstrated knowledge of REST, JSON and XML.
- Ability to solve complex software development/design issues.
- Ability to write clean, coherent code following established coding guidelines.
- Strong process orientation and planning, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Good analytic, design, coding / testing and documentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way.
- Ability to understand systems from all levels, from the 'big picture' enterprise-level view to the low level technical view.
- Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support organizational plans.
- Ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
- Candidate must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Experience working a matrix environment with outsourced vendor partners as part of the team is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of software development life cycle required.
- Experience with light-weight and/or Agile development methodologies, and with the realities of commercial software engineering.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.