Company Description About Visa: Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code." Job Description
Visa is seeking a Sr. Staff SW Engineer focusing on Hadoop development within the Commercial Product Development team, which is a part of Visa's Data organization and is responsible for designing, developing and managing 20+ Information products and services for Visa's Commercial line of products. Our range of products include data processing platforms, BI reporting and data mining solutions, B2B payments platform. You will work on customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, highly available RESTful services, and back-end Java based systems using the latest technologies in Big Data.
This position reports to Director, Visa IntelliLink Platform and will be based in Austin, TX. The successful candidate will be a senior level developer focused on application development of critical information based applications.
- Work with product owners to understand the desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Work within and across agile teams to design, develop, test, implement and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Mentor junior developers
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
- Minimum 10 years of experience in design and development of large-scale Information products and services with following technologies: Java, Scala, RDBMS, Big Data Hadoop platform technologies
- Strong working experience with Object Oriented Design and Development using Java is necessary
- Solid understanding of Hadoop infrastructure
- Solid understanding of principles and APIs of MapReduce, RDD, DataFrame and DataSets
- Strong working experiences of implementing Big Data processing using MapReduce algorithms and Hadoop/Spark APIs
- Experience on Hadoop platform including Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Spark, Sqoop and related tools to build analytical applications
- Experience building workflow to perform predictive analysis, muilti-dimensional analysis, data enrichments etc.
- Sound grasp of Restful design principles and proficient with REST/JSON interfaces in Java
- Experience of database fundamentals, RDBMS data modeling, NOSQL database and data modeling and programming
- Knowledge of secure coding practices and framework is a plus
- Experience in Agile methodologies such as Scrum.
- Experience in supporting large enterprise applications
- Always have an aptitude to learn new technologies and take on challenges
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other related technology discipline
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.