Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a Johnson and Johnson Company is hiring a Senior Statistician to be located in Raritan NJ.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in cardiovascular diseases, metabolic disorders, neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious diseases, hematology, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson, provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas. Our ultimate goal is to help people live healthy lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more information, visit www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com
The Senior Statistician provides statistical services including analysis, interpretation, design, and reporting or communication of data evidence for research, development, and/or marketed product needs in Janssen. This position supports statistical aspects of business-critical and/or regulatory commitments.
- Demonstrates advanced data analytic expertise based on a foundation of statistical principles and a track record of applied experience
- Is effective in the use of relevant computational tools for study, experiment, or trial research objectives. Applies high quality statistical methodology in assigned projects with demonstrated understanding of the disease/scientific/functional area and health authority acceptability
- Ensures application of appropriate statistical methods and generation of accurate and reproducible results working independently or by providing specifications to statistical programming colleagues.
- Produces clear, concise, well-organized, and error-free computer programs and statistical reporting content.
- Complies with organization and company standard operating procedures in timely fashion, such as training and project time accounting
- Understands and aligns with relevant regulatory guidelines
- Contributes high quality and timely deliverables as assessed by stakeholders such as the project team, the clinical trial team, and the Statistics Area Head
- Ensures that documents, specifications, programs, and macros are consistent and comply with project and company standards.
- Follows best practices for Data Integrity.
- Acquires and demonstrates knowledge in pharmaceutical research and development strategies and execution
- Assists in providing experimental design, modeling, analysis planning, analysis execution, interpretation, and statistical communications support
- Is accountable for execution of individual project responsibilities, including: meetings with necessary project team members, reporting activities, exploratory analyses/graphics, and additional analyses to support publications for individual clinical trials/studies/projects
- Provides critical input to the statistical lead or team in optimizing study or trial designs in line with study or trial objectives, and supports scenario simulations and sample size calculations based on relevant technical and disease/scientific/functional area knowledge.
- Participates as a member of professional organizations, such as attending meetings sponsored by professional organizations.
- Ph.D. in Statistics or related field with minimum 0-2 years relevant experience, or Master’s in Statistics or related field with commensurate years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrates full proficiency in SAS or R, as well as a working knowledge of other relevant computational tools as required.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
United States-New Jersey-RaritanOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.