Senior Strategic Engineer (Architecture or Structural/Civil Engineering) Job Description
Looking for a chance to enable world changing technology?
At Intel our construction projects are big, fast and complex to keep up with the ever changing market demands. We require continual innovation to deliver efficiencies in all areas of our business. The Global Construction Group is seeking motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join the Construction Innovation Team.
This rare opportunity to join the Construction Innovation Team is your chance to leverage your industry insights and bring innovative engineering solutions to Intel's multidimensional challenges. We are looking for pioneering construction professionals with a passion for tackling age old problems in new and resourceful ways.
Your ability to transform and then drive new methods into existing business processes will help you excel in this role. We are steering this organization into one that is lean, efficient, collaborative and partnering and we'd love the chance to welcome a few new change agents to the team. Corporate Service's Global Construction Group delivers world class construction projects around the world. We aim to deliver innovative solutions that help Intel astound the world.
As a Senior Strategic Engineer your focus will be up front in the project timeline. You will need to scan the horizon and develop strategies to reduce variation in the execution of our next projects. This up-front emphasis could include designs that facilitate off-site prefabrication or modularization or some other strategy you champion. Getting your strategies to take root will involve:
- Collaborating with external contractors including design engineers, construction management firms, schedule and sequencing experts, contract managers and finance to come up with approaches that are optimized across the supply chain.
- Understanding the potential implications on Intel's superior manufacturing methods.
- Partnering with Intel's technology development teams, facility operations managers and project execution teams.
- Leading inter-discipline coordination efforts.
- Collaborate closely with other disciplines to ensure delivery of complete, approved and fully coordinated solutions.
Our ideal candidate:
- Knows how to develop winning action plans
- Develops well-engineered designs.
- Believes in rapid prototyping and the valuable learnings that come from an iterative improvement mindset.
- Understands the factory, site operations, technology development cycles and challenges.
Finally, the candidate we're looking for will exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Logical reasoning.
- Critical analysis of information
- Cooperative learning.
- Effectiveness at presenting complex recommendations to crisply and concisely outline the value proposition and the business need that is being addressed
- Ability to develop a strong business acumen.
- Strong communication and influencing skills to thrive in our highly matrixed environment.
- The ability to negotiate and influence a variety of personalities, cultures and customer groups with a major emphasis on senior management is important as will be your ability to distill complex concepts into presentations that excite.
This position is available in Hillsboro OR and Phoenix AZQualifications
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Sciences degree in Architecture, Structural or Civil Engineering or equivalent. Permanent right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship. 5 years of experience in: Construction project engineering or similar. Managing design and sizing methods for Civil, Structural, and Architectural scope for industrial cleanroom facilities. Reading and interpreting construction contract documents including 3D/BIM. Problem-solving methodologies and research strategies. Preferred Qualifications: Professional engineering registration a plus. Lean Construction or Six-Sigma Certified Experience with applying production flow concepts outside a typical manufacturing processes Master's degree in an engineering or management field Experience working across functional and organizational boundaries Specific knowledge of semi-conductor industry or other clean environment industries ex. pharmaceutical, solar is considered a plusInside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on EarthOther Locations
US, Oregon, Hillsboro Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.