McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Strategy Manager
Level: Sr. Manager
Capital One is a strategy led company. Its Corporate Strategy Group engages on ultra-high impact issues to drive the entire company’s performance. Operating as a "firm within the firm,” the Strategy Group reports directly to the CEO and co-founder, Rich Fairbank. It focuses on formulating profitable growth and value enhancement strategies, and works within the business to ensure results.
The Customer Experience Measurement Program (CEMP) within the Strategy Group was formed by a CEO mandate to elevate the voice of the customer within corporate strategy and to provide consistent measurement of customer experience to inform business decisions. Team members function as strategy consultants with deep customer expertise for an expanding list of business groups, products, and channels.
We are seeking a Sr. Manager to help lead our consulting efforts, including managing relationships with senior leaders, scoping and managing consulting engagements, and driving customer strategy for Capital One.
A successful candidate will:
- Lead relationships with key business partners and manage a portfolio of strategic projects
- Advise business partners in identifying high leverage opportunities for customer experience improvement and/or competitive differentiation, informed by line of business and enterprise business strategy
- Lead customer experience strategy projects (e.g., competitive benchmarking, strategic assessments of products and experiences, product and experience design, strategic planning / setting business goals, etc.), including designing research, conducting and managing analysis, quantifying white space / improvement opportunities, assessing cost and revenue implications, formulating recommendations, etc.
- Use executive forums and quarterly reporting to drive senior leader engagement with customer strategy
- Provide thought leadership and catalyze best practice sharing regarding customer experience research, strategy, and design, building Capital One’s internal customer experience community and expertise
- Drive cross-pollination and collaboration with other teams within Corporate Strategy group
- Influence line of business leaders, working consultatively with business partners to identify strategies for driving customer value and advocacy
- Independently scope and manage projects while pushing forward and contributing to group problem-solving
- Design, execute, and manage analysis, leveraging primary & secondary research, quantitative & text analytics, design thinking, and other approaches
- Promote the culture and values of Capital One and the Strategy Group
- Assume increasing responsibilities in project and people management situations
- At least 4 years' experience in Business Analysis or Strategy Consulting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Experience with a top-three consulting firm preferred
- Fluency with Teradata SQL and AWS analysis environments
- Exposure to Design Thinking
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.