Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms
Super Shop Supervisor
Seeking an individual to Supervise a shop production environment for servicing Fire Extinguisher / DOT Cylinders. The Super Shop Supervisor will be responsible for setting and meeting production schedules to maintain established targets levels in Regional UPS warehouses for serviced fire extinguishers / DOT Cylinders. Supervisor will also be responsible to meet SLA's (service levels agreements) for all production as well as scheduling UPS / FedEx shipping and receiving. Must be proficient with spreadsheets /reports and will manage multiple employees with up to three work shift per day.
Will work / communicate with the logistics team on Regional Warehouse target needs, large orders, shipping BOL for drop ships / pickups and customers' technical / code questions. Must field calls from Territory Suppression Leaders and the field.
Will manage day to day SS (super shop) employees, equipment housekeeping duties and safety. Must be proficient with NFPA 10, 17, 17A, 2001, 1962 testing fire hoses, CFR 49 and CGA (Compressed Gas Association) publications. Shall be certified / licensed or capable of testing for in /out of state license and capable of performing and overseeing all high pressure and low pressure hydro testing on DOT, non DOT cylinders and Fire Hose. Must be capable of working toward becoming a DOT master trainer.
- Perform maintenance and recharging of hand portable, industrial dry chemical cylinders, restaurant suppression system cylinders, performing high pressure DOT testing / recharging / servicing C02 and engineered system cylinders.
- Set production schedules for serviced fire extinguishers and system cylinders.
- Oversee quality of serviced product and all types of paperwork required by testing facility (State, DOT, NFPA, etc).
- Oversee and direct other shop personnel as needed.
- Maintain any and all licenses necessary for shop personnel including scheduled testing/maintenance of shop equipment.
- Adhere to all applicable company safety policies.
- Order and receive service parts.
- Review outgoing shipments for quality control, applicable paperwork, shipping and scheduling notifications, computer inventory transfers.
- Receive new product, order parts, track purchase orders, receive material in system.
- Manage production labor
- Interview and hire personnel
- Clean and maintain a safe work environment in the shop.
Who we're looking for:
- 5 years management experience.
- Production experience.
- Capable of obtaining all pertinent licenses for servicing fire suppression devices in multiple states.
- Ability to maintain accurate test documents, as well as proper D.O.T. documents.
- The skill set to fill in, all aspects of the Suppression shop.
- Able to be on call on weekends for emergency situations or have suitable backup when unavailable.
- The ability to lift 100lb.
- Good Computer skills.
- Must be able to navigate a DOT audit as well as DOT recertification with independent DOT qualifier.
- NFPA 0, 17, 17A, 2001, 1996.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.