Senior Supply Chain Analyst
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posted: November 08, 2017
Reference ID: 170006NP
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Power Systems Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Fridley, Minnesota for a Senior Supply Chain Analyst. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading Supply Chain Projects.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
• Develop and provide supply chain analytics that cross organizations and Business Units, such as through put time, lead time, delivery logistics, working capital and order management.
• Analyze and interpret Key Performance Indicators to identify areas for improvement and action plans.
• Use existing business systems to provide analytics and reporting that are capable and repeatable.
• Develop basic supply chain models for scenario analysis.
• Conduct internal and external benchmarking analysis.
• Provide financial analysis as required.
• Initiate and lead cross functional finished goods stock frameworks.
• Plan and manage the execution of all global finished goods stocking programs.
• Make recommendations to achieve profitability, customer service, and/or inventory goals.
• Work with a cross functional team to monitor, report and reduce North America finished goods excess and obsolete inventory.
• Oversee cross functional communication and execution of aggregate planning of key global commodities across all Power Systems Unit sites.
• Develop supply chain analytics to make operational performance and trends visible.
• Lead and participate in six sigma and supply chain improvement projects.
• Use common processes tools, and information systems to enable supply chain analysis.
• Ensure data integrity of all analytics and reports.
• Develop reporting capability for supply chain Key Performance Indicators.
Skills and Experience Required:
Analytical Reasoning - Has an advanced understanding of analytical methodologies and the ability to utilize various statistical methodologies. Provides recommendations for business actions based on the conclusions drawn from analysis in a way that is meaningful to the business partner.
Project Management - Has a good understanding of and effectively applies project management techniques in low to moderately complex projects.
Supply Chain Knowledge - Works in or with the Supply Chain functions and has knowledge of how the functions work to meet our end customer's requirements.
Analyze Issues - Demonstrated results indicating deep knowledge of analyzing issues. Critically identifies an issue's scope and parameters while analyzing it from multiple perspectives. Determines the root causes as well as broad implications of issues. Integrates information and defines an array of alternatives. Applies a wide variety of analytical tools and processes (e.g. Six Sigma) on a regular basis to complete key projects and solve complex problems.
Fosters Open Communication - Demonstrated results indicating deep knowledge of fostering open communication. Expresses reactions and opinions without intimidating others. Actively encourages others to express their honest views, even contrary ones and listens actively to all viewpoints. Encourages others to share information in an organized and effective manner. Conducts periodic
department or division wide informational meetings. Develops processes, plans, and schedules to provide relevant information and obtain feedback from the organization.
Establishes Plans - Solid understanding of how to establish plans. Develops plans that are thorough, realistic, and effective in meeting goals. Uses basic tools, processes and systems to document work clearly. Integrates planning efforts across work units. Translates objectives into clear tactics for
execution. Integrates customer feedback into planning process.
Manage Execution - Solid understanding of how to manage execution. Manages the performance of self and others through the use of structured tools. Delegates effectively and regularly with solid support and follow through. Uses defined processes to manage execution.
Inventory Control And Management - Understand inventory control and management principals and how they impact the local and global supply chain. Understand how the inventory management principles and objectives must tie together to insure continuity in the supply chain.
Production Planning - Specialized training in line balancing, inventory planning, scheduling, etc. Able to effectively use these tools to adjust to changes in production in the current system. Able to implement changes with appropriate support.
• Intermediate level of relevant work experience required.
• Candidate must have proven analytic skills and hands on supply chain planning experience
• Working knowledge of Oracle Supply Chain tools
• Advanced level experience using analytical tools, i.e. Excel, Access
• Prefer experience working with a global team cross functionally
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience leading and organizing projects across function in regional or global meetings
• Represent global planning for all Value Package Introduction related projects by providing support where needed.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
Bachelor of Science (or equivalent degree) in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain or applicable field required
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins