Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Charlotte
Alternate Job Location : United States : Florida : Tampa
The Strategic Solutions & Governance (SSG) team supports the P&L areas within U.S. Business (USB) with a wide variety of shared services including: Compensation Administration; Business Optimization & Controls; Strategy, Planning & Governance; Program Management; and Business Management.
This role will provide administrative and project support to members of the SSG team, especially the Business Optimization & Controls and Compensation Administration areas including day-to-day support of project activities, working with leaders at all levels to track status and complete assigned tasks. He/she will serve as department site coordinator for dispersed SSG teams in Charlotte, NC; Tampa, FL; and Denver, CO.
- Support leaders and teams members with a wide variety of administrative duties
- Provide administrative support on a range of projects
- Monitor participation in USB cost reduction initiatives
- Contribute to, support and advocate for technology adoption efforts within the team
- Arrange all aspects of meetings, including complex scheduling, securing conference rooms, setting up enabling technology (e.g., WebEx, VTC, Telepresence, etc.), ordering food, assisting in creating agendas, producing and compiling materials, arranging for external attendees’ access to various facilities, etc.
- Manage attendance and time tracking for associates
- Assist with logistical aspects of temporary employees
- Coordinate events at assigned sites
- Ensure optimal work environment for team members, including overseeing and troubleshooting matters related to technology, facilities, supplies and materials
- Work collaboratively with other Business Management associates to guarantee that SSG team business needs are met, stepping in as necessary
- 2-3 years of administrative and project related experience
- Highly organized with the ability to wear multiple hats while working with many team members, some of whom are virtual
- Project coordination and prioritization skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects while driving progress on all
- Ability to collect, assemble and organize information
- Sense of urgency and keen attention to detail
- Team orientation, with the ability to build strong partnerships to drive deliverables
- Demonstrated positive, engaged and “can-do” approach
- Ability to work independently with flexibility and focus in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills, inclusive of written, verbal and listening
- Sound business judgment to inspire the trust and confidence of others
- Professionalism with demonstrated tact, discretion and respect for protocol
- Technological savviness and adaptability
- Proficient in MS Office Suite of applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Box and SharePoint
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 51201