Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
The Corporate Information Technology, Revenue and Pricing Systems Organization, enables Visa's revenue growth through flexible pricing engines and global revenue platforms built on next-generation technologies. This includes managing system requirements, evaluating cutting-edge technologies, design, development, integration, quality assurance, implementation and maintenance of corporate revenue applications. The team works closely with business owners of these services to deliver customer developed solutions, as well as implement industry leading packaged software.
The Software Engineer position within the team is an individual contributor role based in our Austin office. The successful candidate is expected to be the Billing and ORMB configuration expert within the Core Billing DevOps team. The selected candidate will be fully responsible for both development and support of billing services built on ORMB and Java technologies and various frameworks. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs and Devops model.
- Work in the Revenue and Pricing System's Core Rating, Pricing and Billing team and lead the effort to migrate the data from the legacy system to ORMB and support the resulting implementation
- To define the data mapping between the legacy system and ORMB, the candidate will work with the legacy system's team and the ORMB architect/configuration specialist
- To design and develop data conversion scripts/programs and use ORMB conversion toolkit to execute the data migration
- Define and recommend the data conversion strategy and tools to use, for current and subsequent phases
- Implement ORMB specific configuration and advanced setup especially in the demographic/customer, rates and pricing areas
- Support and train junior IT staff as necessary
- Support testing activities whenever required
- Work with functional and technical teams to identify data related requirements, then design and develop the solution
- 5 years of experience with Oracle's companion product Customer Care and Billing (CCB)
- Working knowledge of ORMB/CCB data model and experience with data conversion on prior projects
- Knowledge of ORMB/CCB advanced configuration
- Ability to design and build complex algorithms, batch jobs, rate schedules and building custom UI
- Strong conceptual and analytic skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a broad group of stakeholders
- Ability to work without supervision
- Ability to lead/train junior staff as needed
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a Computer Science and Engineering discipline
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.