Senior SW Engineer/Architect-Dell.com
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: September 15, 2016
Reference ID: 16000EWU
*Senior Software Engineer - DCS Architecture*
Dell Commerce Services (DCS) builds and operates a global Commerce Platform that powers Dell.com, which receives over 1 billion page views per year, across 150 countries and is Googled more than 1 million times per day. Dell Commerce provides its customers a cohesive branded experience across Consumer, Premier, Solutions, eSupport and Offline Sales. Dell.com is extending the reach of its Commerce Platform to command an extensive variety of applications and solutions that are central to the growth of Dell as a technology and solutions company.
Dell Commerce Services (DCS) is looking to hire a Senior Software Development Engineer to be part of their DCS Architecture Team to help drive the technical direction of the Dell Online/Offline retail sales business. Reporting to the Distinguished Engineer of DCS, you will be working with Principal Engineers to help drive both high and low level technical direction of the organization to the various teams within DCS engineering. Using best software development practices you will work with numerous teams to help build the best-in-class, large-scale, highly-available, event-based architecture. The idea candidate will have experience at driving new techniques and technologies across development teams and absolutely must be team player.
* Contribute to building prototypes, presentations, and then work with development teams to help integrate new concepts into their existing product lines.
* Design, Code, Test, and Document high-quality/low-maintenance software.
* Deep dive into existing codebases to understand designs, issues, and opportunities
* Data-mine metrics from existing infrastructure to help drive new opportunities.
* Develop high quality software that leads and inspires others to do similar.
* Help evaluate 3rd party code and products. Contribute to setting up and configuring the hardware/software.
* Inspire adoption of practices across the organization
* Mentor software developers
* Undergraduate degree in computer science with a minimum of 6 years of software development experience, or a Graduate degree with 4 years of experience.
* Design and/or development experience of large scale service oriented architecture
* Demonstrable experience of good coding practices. This includes documentation, and testing.
* Quick learner with motivation to learn new languages, technologies and frameworks (you will get opportunity to play with a lot of new technologies)
* Experience of developing applications against a moderate to large dataset (100,000 rows)
* 4 years' experience with either C# or Java
* Experience mentoring others
* Design and development experience on either of Mongo, Cassandra, SQLServer, Oracle
* e-commerce specific industry knowledge and experience in software engineering
/ Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: // Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. /
**Job:** **Engineering - Software Development Engineer*
**Organization:** **Information Technology*
**Title:** *Senior SW Engineer/Architect-Dell.com*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *16000EWU*