Responsible for overall project coordination to meet or exceed schedule, quality, cost, and delivery targets. Serves as interface for customer and program team issues.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
· Responsibility for overall product development coordination.
· Provides programmatic coordination among Systems, Electrical, Software and Mechanical disciplines. Coordinates technical activities in conjunction with lead Systems engineers assigned to the project.
· Coordinates project activities in conjunction with Validation, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality, etc.
· Coordinates and closes Change Request Authorizations (CRAs) and Engineering Change Orders (ECOs).
· Creates and maintains Project Books that contain auditable artifacts such as the following items: Design Reviews (DR0, DR1, DR2), design outputs, meeting minutes, etc.
· Ensures team successfully accomplishes stated project or functional goals and objectives.
· Coordinates, delegates and prioritizes development and functional activities.
· Proactively manages critical path and open action items to ensure successful completion.
· Ensures team complies with appropriate TS16949, Advanced Production Quality Process (APQP), PASA processes and procedures. Ensures team compliance with appropriate customer requirements and processes.
· Interprets, enforces and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
· Prepares reports, charts, graphs, and other statistical information.
· Will initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of five (5) years of experience; or a minimum of ten (10) years of full life cycle embedded software development in electronics products.
· Minimum two (2) years leading a team of software engineers with a formal development process such as Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, or Extreme Programming.
· Proficient with C, C++ and Object Oriented Design (OOD).
· Experience in designing, developing and debugging software in a real-time embedded environment.
· Working knowledge of high-end embedded RTOS's such as Linux, Android, etc.
· Working knowledge of Software Configuration Management (SCM) systems.
· Working knowledge of a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
· Experience working in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows-based databases.
· Prior experience coordinating staff preferred.
· Must be capable of system level design work and solving complex problems independently.
· Ability to ensure team compliance with appropriate customer requirements and processes.
· Ability to interface with customers as needed.
SOME OF THE TOYS YOU GET TO PLAY WITH:
· Software Configuration Management systems
· Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Reports, Charts, Graphs
BENEFITS AND PERKS – WE'RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
· Great Benefits + Company-matched 401K retirement savings
· Annual Bonus Program
· Educational Assistance and Reimbursement Program
· Relaxed dress code
· Onsite Recreation Center & Café
· Telecommuter and Work Mobility Program
· Onsite Happy Hours!
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.