Senior SW/FW Engineer
Are you passionate about building cool devices and technologies?
The Surface Team focuses on building devices that fully express the Windows vision. A fundamental part of our strategy is having desirable and powerful devices that enable the experiences people want, and elicit their excitement. Creating these devices involves a close partnership between hardware and software engineers, designers, and manufacturing. We are currently building the next generation and Surface needs you!
Role & Opportunity: The Surface development team is seeking a talented software development engineer with a strong systems background and knowledge of Windows components, internals and drivers. Job responsibilities will encompass designing processes and procedures for assembling and managing product components, coding and configuring product drivers, and managing requirements for development tools to deliver high quality products to market. You need to be a team player who works well in a collaborative environment with peers in other development disciplines, Quality and Program Management.
- A BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in software or hardware development related fields
- Excellent C/C++ design and coding skills - Ability to quickly ramp-up on complex and unfamiliar code
- Practical demonstrated experience working with and debugging Windows-based system issues on modern hardware.
- Windows image construction and maintenance experience are strongly desired.
- High tolerance to ambiguity and ability make progress in the face of it
- Ability to debug systemic issues and hardware as well as software problems.
- Enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across multiple disciplines and functions (PM, Test, Hardware Engineers, etc.)
Some domestic and international travel may be necessary.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.