Plano 2 (31062), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Senior Systems Administrator
· Responsible for production support activities for facilities operations to ensure the security and stability of the environment.
· Involves technical understanding of architecture and environments supported
· Troubleshooting problems, involving the appropriate resources and making fixes as quickly as possible
· Track points of friction for users, technology or operations, use analytics and then work with other teams to make those parts of banking better.
· Coordinating or Validating changes with the computer operations department and user departments to ensure the integrity of the production environment
· Participating in system design improvements and performance enhancements
· Participate in Business Continuity Planning and Exercises as needed
- Enjoy writing, and do so quickly and clearly.
- Like interacting with people, sometimes chatting live with many at the same time.
- Enjoy the puzzle of solving open-ended problems, both individually and as a member of the team.
- Love constantly learning and re-learning a changing technical product, even when you’re a little out of your depth.
- Can empathize with users of all experience levels and see through their questions to quickly grasp the issues they’re facing.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 3 years of Windows Server Administration Experience
- Knowledge of VMware, SCCM, and PowerShell Scripting
- At least 3 years if IT Experience
- At least 3 years of Experience in Active Directory Interaction with applications
- At least 1 year of Experience in ITIL Processes
- At least 1 year of Experience in Networking, Web, Hardware, Software, Data Center Operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- ITIL certifications
- 2 years of Experience in Application Development
- 5 years of Windows Server Administration Experience
- 5 years if IT experience
- 3 years of Experience in Networking, Web, Hardware, Software, Data Center Operations
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.