At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Senior Systems and Software Architect and technology development leader to join the Consumer Business Group's Analytics Center of Excellence located in Maplewood, Minnesota Job Summary:
You will be a leader on a team developing world-class processes and tools for integrating machine learning and statistical computing into everyday business critical operations ranging from inventory optimization to consumer segmentation to multichannel marketing optimization. You will help develop innovative technology solutions, define requirements, and build processes and tools. You will creatively architect and design solutions to solve fundamental multi-system integration and performance problems. You will lead definition and adoption of Agile methodologies within the team. You will help manage and coordinate the long-term roadmap, near-term projects, and day-to-day activities - balancing and solving the challenges that come with shifting business priorities, cutting-edge innovation, and complex technology.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate to conceive, invent, and prototype proprietary computational/decision support tools based on machine learning and statistical computing
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify key business problems, devise innovative solutions, and define technical requirements
- Communicate and evangelize the strategic vision for computational intelligence solutions with groups throughout the organization
- Develop and manage the strategic roadmap for computational intelligence applications in collaboration with leadership
- Manage and prioritize projects and day-to-day activities of the team in line with business priorities and overall roadmap
- Architect and design robust business-support applications to enable broad use of statistical computing and machine learning algorithms
- Collaborate with teams developing new to 3M and new-to-the-world capabilities integrating computational intelligence into business operations
- Lead teams and the organization on how to best use Agile principles/frameworks and effectively leverages appropriate best practices
- May be required to act as Scrum Master or Product Owner for various projects
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience developing and managing systems architecture
- Experience in machine learning, artificial intelligence platforms and products
- Experience managing full life cycle software projects using Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Strong experience delivering large, complex, cross-functional software solutions
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to foster effective teamwork
- Proven ability to analyze complex systems and generate fundamental insights that solve fundamental performance and reliability bottlenecks that limit new-to-the-world system adoption
- Experience designing and building statistical and computationally intense applications in a business/industrial setting
- Experience defining technology roadmaps and software requirements for computational systems using machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Scrum Master Certification, Scrum Product Owner Certification
- Database technology experience, including SQL/MySQL and NoSQL solutions
- Experience with Big Data technologies (like MapReduce and Hadoop)
- Proficient architecting solutions based on machine learning and statistical computing
May include up to 5% travelRelocation Benefits:
Are not authorized for this position
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.