Senior Systems Engineer
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
• Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
• Competitive Fortune 100, industry matched salaries and yearly merit increase
• Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT since 2009
• Named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" since 2010
• 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission's list of top performers on key quality measures.
Provide technical skills that cover a broad range of disciplines and/or a particular technical discipline that is of significance to HCA. Perform any technical project assigned with minimal supervision. Identify, investigate, evaluate and become proficient in new technologies and technical disciplines that are of significance to HCA Healthcare.
Extraordinary analytical and design ability, very high degree of creativity; in depth knowledge of the business implications of technical approaches, directions and solutions; ability to innovate in highly complex technical areas, ability to achieve results, advanced project planning and coordination skills, superior communication skills, success in subordinate positions.
A Senior Platform Engineer will be responsible for providing in depth technical review, engineering, administration, analysis, trending, and reporting of all supported configurations. Primary duties will include design and high-level administration of hardware and software in a multi-platform environment, technical documentation, project management, engineering, issue resolution, and technical presentations. Specific responsibilities include installation of software products on various hardware platforms, operating system installation and customization where applicable, troubleshoot, coordinate, assist and advise in recovery from component failures of supported systems. The qualified candidate will be relied upon to make good decisions and help mentor personnel in junior positions.
Manage complex, multi technology system delivery cycles.
Design, deploy, and maintain enterprise solutions across multiple technologies.
Identify and execute on opportunities to automate tasks that are currently manually completed
Creation and delivery of Quality Outcomes Package to operations personnel for ongoing support transitional needs
Assist in the performance of Operational Readiness Testing (ORT) to validate infrastructure is built and sustainable
Assist in and ensure performance testing is completed
Certification for multiple hardware platforms and the interrelationship/interoperability of different operating systems and complex environments
Provide technical leadership and responsibility for the installation and certification of all supporting software and hardware in a lab environment in order to ensure a sound deployment basis for production implementations.
Participation in governance committees to decide on institutionalizing platform changes to enhance performance or supportability
Requires in depth knowledge of supported operating systems, utilities, vendor products, applicable programming languages, diagnostic techniques, database management systems, benchmarking methodologies, applicable communications protocols, applicable hardware configurations, use of statistical and analytical tools for system monitoring and evaluation.
Knowledge of Citrix technologies, storage, network, data, and applications architectures is a plus.
Ability to communicate with various levels and types of end users and management
Maintain frequent interaction with internal and vendor technical staffs and project managers to ensure effective delivery of solutions in accordance with project timelines and associated budgets.
Provide business continuity solutions and assists in developing plans for disaster recovery.
Assists with the education and training of personnel in technology areas.
Participates in the Disaster/Recovery exercises and real-world efforts.
Provide Level III support for all production related problems and concerns as situations warrant
Carries on-call rotation 2-4 times per year
Minimal travel for network analysis, network upgrades and customer network consultations
• Must have 5 years experience in deploying technically complex infrastructure computing solutions across multiple platforms and components.
• Cross-platform knowledge and expertise, with a focus on server technologies, primarily the Red Hat Linux then the Microsoft Server product line (Windows 2008R2, Windows 2012, Windows 2016, and supporting Microsoft components), VMWare ESX products (ESX 3.x, 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, ESXi, and SRM), and Microsoft Hyper-V
• Experience with hyperconverged infrastructure such as Nutanix NX platform
• Experience with securing Windows operating system, especially for PCI compliance
• Storage provisioning - EMC VMAX/VNX/NetApp
• Platform integration with SAN storage, server clustering, security perimeter networking, alerting/monitoring integration, and business continuity
• Experience with middleware such as Websphere, JBOSS, HTTP, NetDelivery, etc
• Proven track record of project delivery results.
• Experience with backup software configuration and management
• Experience with other virtual technologies, such as IBM LPARs, VIO servers, and micro-partitions is desirable.
• Experience with OS environment running one or more databases including SQL, Oracle, DB2 desirable.
• Ability to work with DBAs and understand their requirements is necessary.
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively are essential.
• Solid understanding and experience with operating system concepts and practical implementation of those fundamentals in a large-scale production environment.
• Working knowledge and experience with key ITIL processes is required.
• Previous application development coding, debugging, testing and delivery into a production environment are highly desirable.
• A solid understanding of compute performance metrics and tools is highly desirable, to include understanding of CPU utilization levels, CPU and disk queuing, I/O response times, and other key performance indicators and their impact on performance.
• 1 years experience with network fundamentals and performance principles, including a firm understanding of TCP/IP protocols.
Hardware/Operating Systems: (ex: IBM MF, RS/6000 UNIX, AIX)
2 required: Windows (2k8, 2012, 2016), AIX 5.2/5.3, Redhat Linux, ZOS, AS400, Citrix XenServer, XenApp, XenDesktop, Vsphere, Hyper-V
Powershell (or other scripting language equivalent), Timefinder, EMC Replication manager, EMC Recover Point (or other CDP equivalent), HSSM, ECC control center, Storage Scope, Optimizer ,Solutions Enabler SRDF, HDLM, Powerpath, SAN manager, Arkivio, HI-Command, Tuning Manager, NetApp Operations Manager, Fast-T
SAN, LAN, IP
EMC VNX, VMAX, DMX3,DMX4,DMX1K,DMX2K,DMX800,CX series
Cisco SAN switches(MDS9513)
Mcdata Switches (MD6140)
5 years of experience is needed for a successful candidate.
Bachelor's degree is needed however in lieu of a degree experience may be a substitute.