Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
As a Sr. Systems Engineer, you will be part of our TechOps, SysOps team responsible for designing, building and operating our development, test, deployment and production solutions to meet the substantial growth needs of our business. You will be part of a talented team essential for delivering and supporting a fast, reliable, secure and highly available services for our mission critical hosted ecosystem. The efficiency and stability of our services is crucial to maintaining the outstanding performance of our SAAS platform.
We are actively searching for innovative and enthusiastic Sr. Systems Engineers recognized as technical experts to immediately contribute to our standards, processes, automation and operational excellence initiatives. If you are customer-centric and enjoy building, operating and improving SaaS ecosystems, we want you on our team. Responsibilities:
- Build out innovative, secure, highly available and supportable infrastructure, middleware and application software (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
- Participate and influence the design and implementation of the next-gen service architecture, monitoring tools and automation strategies.
- Passionate about automation, smart monitoring, intelligent alerting and streamlining system provisioning.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Focus on predicting and preventing failures.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills with previous experience tackling and solving complex problems.
- Solid experience and fluency in software development and/or systems engineering practices and frameworks.
- Considerable depth in networking, security, middleware and Linux technologies.
- 7+ years of Linux-based systems engineering experience in one or more high-volume, highly available transaction e-commerce environments.
- 5+ years of experience analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale, distributed production systems.
- 5+ years of experience with mission critical production ecosystems.
- 5+ years of demonstrated expertise specifying, design and implementing system health, performance monitoring and service management tools.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience with capacity management, event management, service level management, incident management, release management, change management and/or root cause analysis practices and supported tooling.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience with enterprise monitoring systems and SIEM tools (e.g., Nagios, Graphite, Cacti, openNMS, Observium, splunk, McAfee, LogRhythm).
- High proficiency in Linux operating systems concepts, memory management, TCP/IP networking, file systems, RAID, NAS, SAN, process scheduling, virtualization and clustering.
- Experience with Linux, J2EE Application Servers, Servlet Engines, ESB, Relational DBs, Big Data, Cloud Computing, JMX, JMS including Oracle, MySQL, Apache, JBoss, Glassfish, Tomcat, Mule ESB, Spring, Spring Batch, Puppet.
- Knowledge and proven familiarity with systems engineering life-cycle (SELC) best practices, software development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, RUP), ITIL, SysOps and DevOps practices and Professional Services.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience working directly with technical and business customer stakeholders in high pressure situations.
- Ability to handle periodic on-call duty as well as out-of -band requests.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience.
- Payment industry domain expertise and knowledge of Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
- Considerable depth and experience with high-volume, high-availability transactional environments and big data services.
- Experience designing and implementing with infrastructure, security and cloud architecture.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.