Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
DevOps Engineer will serve as a senior platform engineering member in the agile development team. The candidate is responsible for deploying and maintaining applications and helping advance the development and production infrastructure, participating as an technical expert in project teams, triaging and fixing operational issues contributing to new and existing product implementation, and providing the overall upkeep and maintenance of designated areas of system engineering. The duties will require the ability to interact, develop, engineer and communicate collaboratively with vendors, clients, partners and multiple levels of Comcast organization. The candidate may direct workflow and act as a technical lead, lead teams or projects and share expertise.
- Develops and manages product-related technology procedures.
- Develops and documents infrastructure standards and architecture.
- Designs and implements architecture to support scalable and highly available systems
- Identifies and find ways to eliminate recurring work and shorten wait time through automation.
- Develop and support internal applications, tools and processes to maintain or enhance infrastructure performance.
- Acts as an advocate for Engineering Operations procedures, policies, and processes. Ensures projects are fully integrated into the operations environment including lifecycle problem management from front line support through engineering.
- Creates data and metric systems to track operational workflows; maintains records of results and feedback. Analyzes data and metrics, identifies problem areas, and provides actionable insight to management.
- Provides input to engineering and vendors on defects and required enhancements. Attains all relevant industry standard technical certifications.
- Reports performance related to operations and project status to management. Identifies and recommends areas requiring change or modification.
- Performs complex and routine maintenance tests for designated areas of engineering. Identifies and isolates issues. Ensures that all maintenance is properly validated to minimize subscriber impact to (ideally) zero.
- Works in an agile development environment, collaborating with application development and architecture teams.
- Leads the integration of projects into operations including instrumentation, automation, standardization, and methods/procedures.
- Applies advanced engineering methodologies in one or more engineering areas.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Versed in researching technologies and trends regarding strategies to support future work and projects.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Technical Skills: Required understanding of scripting and infrastructure auotmation. Chef, Puppet, and/or Ansible.
Any cloud technology stack experience in AWS, or Cloud Foundry is a big plus.
Previous experience building and maintaining highly available systems is a must.
Strong background in networking, and Linux/Unix Administration
Experience of a scripting language (Python, Bash, Groovy, etc) to write automated tests and tools
Education Level - Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study - Engineering, Computer Science
Years Experience - Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Compliance Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
Disclaimer The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.