A TEKsystems client is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer with hands on experience supporting applications/servers in a large Enterprise environment. The ideal candidate has extensive experience with Windows or Linux Server operating systems at a level of building & configuring full server environments, supporting & testing server and applications with a preference for experience with data encryption technologies. This candidates needs to be capable of creating technical/engineering documentation and must have great written and oral communication skills. Information Security knowledge is a plus, but not required as this person will be interfacing heavily with security and encryption tools.
Required Skill Set/Experience:
* 5+ years of experience and advanced technical proficiency with Windows/Unix Server/Infrastructure systems administration, engineering and support
* Experience working with Infrastructure/systems administration in a large Enterprise environment
* Experience with or at minimum strong conceptual understanding of Information Security and Data Encryption technologies
* Intermediate to advanced capability with various Windows/Unix scripting languages and server/application process automation
* Advanced problem solving and technical troubleshooting capabilities
* Must be organized and have rigorous attention to detail
* Proven written and verbal communication skills with both Business/Management and Technical/Engineering resources
* Ability to work effectively under aggressive time-lines
Skills that would be a Plus:
* Specific experience with engineering/support of Vormetric and other data at rest encryption technologies
* Experience supporting Encryption and/or Security Appliance Devices
* Strong understanding of or experience with Server, Database or Application encryption technology, encryption key management and information security policies
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.