Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 6 month contract to hire
Our client is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our eCommerce team for the company's flagship product. The ideal candidate is someone who has a solid and successful background driving architecture, automation, infrastructure as code, configuration management, monitoring, and tools development for enterprise software and systems. The candidate must have great communication skills and a passion for automating everything, and a sense of ownership. A proven track record of designing, developing, and maintaining dependable, mission-critical systems and products is a must.
The successful candidate will be contributing to the architecture, automation, and configuration management, tools development in an agile environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in an enterprise Linux and Windows environment.
* Work with developers and the systems engineering team to resolve issues related to application configuration, deployment, or debugging.
* Build and innovate to replace large-scale manual operating processes with scripts and applications.
* Collaborate and help build utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow engineers to operate safely at high speed and wide scale.
* Driving analysis, design, and development of automation tools for deployment, development, and operational tasks.
* Contribute to build and deploy automation support (CI/CD).
* Develop infrastructure as code and testable infrastructure.
* Develop appropriate metrics to demonstrate performance and operational efficiency.
* Work cross-functionally with various teams to drive amazing results.
* Resolve problems at their root with simple and repeatable solutions.
* Design automated systems management solutions with self-repair as the goal.
* Create processes that enhance operation workflow and provide positive customer impact.
Technical - Required
* Bachelors or higher in computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent (can be waived for corresponding experience) with 7+ years of relevant experience.
* Experience with agile methodologies and practices.
* Extensive experience working with Linux and Windows in an enterprise production environment.
* Experience using configuration management software like CFEngine, Chef, Salt, Puppet, or Ansible.
* Experience with CI tools such as Atlassian Bamboo or Jenkins.
* Experience with Build Tools such as Ant, Maven, and Gradle.
* Good understanding of build pipeline, packaging, and artifact management.
* Knowledge of programming and scripting languages such as Bash, Python, Ruby, or PowerShell.
* An understanding of network engineering and security principles (e.g. protocols, routing, switching, filtering, firewall rules, etc.).
* Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware or Xen.
* Systems administration (Linux and Windows) background.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Good understanding of security and systems best practices.
Technical - Preferred
* Knowledge supporting and implementing Microsoft Active Directory Services.
* Experience supporting Windows environments using PowerShell or Chef or other management tool.
* Knowledge supporting Java application servers such as Apache Tomcat or JBOSS.
* Experience supporting databases including backup and recovery procedures such as MySQL and MongoDB.
* Experience with API driven infrastructure.
* Experience in supporting microservice architecture.
* Experience using containers is a plus (Docker, LXC).
* Experience with public clouds is a plus (AWS, Azure, RackSpace).
Hi there, my name is Andrea Arnoldi, a technical recruiter with TEKsystems here in SF. If you are interested in this opportunity, or would like to learn about others, please contact me at 415-343-6024 or
"Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance."
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.