At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an experienced Senior Systems Engineer for the 3M Brownwood Plant Engineering Department located in Brownwood, TX.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Senior Systems Engineer will have the opportunity to work in a world-class manufacturing plant with opportunities for advancement. This position requires an experienced person that is self-directed and is capable of working on large technical projects simultaneously. This position will report to the Site Plant Engineering Manager and develop into 3M Brownwood's subject matter expert in the field of systems engineering. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide electrical and process instrumentations/control systems engineering expertise and technical leadership to increase equipment/facility reliability and availability.
- Provide primary support for plant web-handling and gauging equipment needed to ensure the processes produce quality products for our customers. Related equipment included, A/B, Reliance, etc., production equipment controllers/software (i.e., Wonderware), drives, motors, interfaces, etc. Responsibilities include integration and support of this equipment and related equipment.
- Drive our critical plant wide controls equipment "renewal plan" and manage associated projects.
- Lead process/machine optimization projects, audits, support Six Sigma and Lean projects to increase plant productivity.
- Serve as plant subject matter expert for all instrumentation and varied PI&CS related projects. Act as a liaison between corporate engineering and contractors to ensure 3M mce and MOC processes are followed and work is performed in a safe manner that meets 3M EHS standards as well as National Electrical Code requirements.
- Responsible for updating electrical prints/documentation and ensuring prints are accurate for future reference. This is critical for the efficient and safe trouble-shooting and modifications for plant equipment and processes.
- Ensure that PI&CS related machine control programming is documented properly to aid in the quick resolution of equipment issues.
- Maintain the plant's master-list for all controls software license agreements.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with any combination of the following: web handling, motion control, interactive operator/machine interface, data acquisition, PID control, PLC control, drives, motors, and/or system integration.
- Experience with manufacturing on-line vision systems; installation, start-up and maintenance.
- Thorough knowledge of safe work practices, LOTO procedures and OSHA requirements.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Experience with medium voltage distribution systems.
- Experience in working directly with contractors, vendors and suppliers.
- Experience in application of National Electrical Code.
- Experience in programming in a wide variety of formats specific to individual supplier's hardware.
- Minimum of five plus (5+) years experience within a large industrial manufacturing environment.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.