Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Sales Engineer - Channel Storage Modern Infrastructure Team (MIT)
Dell is seeking a Pre-Sales Storage Engineer who will provide our Business Partners and Customers with technical advice regarding enterprise storage platforms and systems architecture. The Pre-Sales Storage Engineer will have the ability to assist with channel partner architectural efforts for any customer, regardless of size and scope. As part of the MIT Channel team, the Pre-Sales Storage Engineer must have a thorough knowledge of business requirements as well as an understanding of the many disciplines that make up modern datacenters. The Pre-Sales Storage Engineer will be part of the Enterprise team and will partner with their Channel Account Manager counterpart and Regional Sales Director to ensure success within their territory and region.
In addition, the Pre-Sales Storage Engineer will be a corporate-wide resource, speaking at and participating in highly visible channel enablement initiatives, user events, industry conferences and seminars, and technical groups. As an enterprise storage expert, the Pre-Sales Storage Engineer will be a liaison for field systems engineering, corporate systems engineering, product marketing, competitive analysis, and other relevant technical subject areas.
- Regional technical resource teamed with one or more business development team members to advance the enterprise storage presence in the respective region
- Deliver technical presentations and respond to technical questions during sales calls
- Develop a thorough understanding of the partner's competitive market
- Effectively translate Dell product features and functions into methods for the channel partner to maintain or increase revenue and margin
- Conduct and/or participate in product presentations, demos, evaluations and ROI analyses directed to current or prospective channel partners
- Deliver technical presentations and respond to technical questions
- Develop, guide and train channel partners on enterprise storage technology and the use of Dell Channel program tools
- Engage with local Dell sales teams to facilitate partner activities
- Act as technical liaison between partner and Dell on presales situations, product requirements and future product direction for the partner's market
- Subject matter expert for channel enablement efforts and initiatives
- Provide technical content for bids and sales proposals
- Develop and recommend enterprise storage configurations, including fibre channel, iSCSI, switches, tape storage and Dell hardware and software products
- Train customers and Channel Partners on the use of Dell hardware and application software
- Establish and cultivate ongoing business relationships with customers and Business Partners to facilitate additional business
is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .
Job Family: Sales Engineering
Job ID: R19684
A little about us:
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.