Senior Systems Engineer - Southern California - Remote
Location: California, United States
Posted: October 20, 2017
Reference ID: R01216
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Senior Systems Engineer- Southern California - Remote
Dell EMC is part of Dell Technologies, a worldwide provider of information technology and solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our Global Compute and Networking organization in Southern California. This role is Remote based. This is a quota carrying individual contributor role engaged in pre-sales engineering to sell Dell compute, networking, and data center offerings. This role also requires strong customer skills and account leadership abilities.
The Senior Systems Engineer will work with sales teams in a matrix environment to sell comprehensive solutions based on a thorough understanding of both short and long term customer requirements. This includes, but is not limited to, the development and implementation of technical sales strategies, thoughtful discovery of customer requirements and subsequent solution proposal development, delivery of technical presentations, product demonstrations, and customer focused seminars, participation in response to customer RFI/RFP, competitive differentiation of Dell EMC solutions, and support for customer product evaluations.
- Gains access and manages relationships with executive level technical staff and decision makers
- May devise new approaches/methods to selling enterprise/client products and services
- Verifies operability of highly complex product and service configuration within the customers environment
- Verifies roles and responsibilities required to support account team
- Understands market and industry data to provide thought leadership to position value of the solution
- Leverages third-party and/or the Channel to create and position the solution
- Provides counsel across account team in analyzing customer requirements and performing advanced systems integration and providing technical expertise to design and implement solution using breadth of our products and services
- 12+ years of related experience with a Bachelors degree; or 8+ years with a Masters degree
- Recognized internally and externally as a thought leader on the industry, our business model and competitors
- Works effectively with functional leaders throughout the organization/models effective team leadership
- Works with customers in complex business environments to devise new and innovative solutions to business challenges
- Anticipates customer needs beyond existing scope of enterprise/client products and services
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dells team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past of present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Come join us! For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers
Job Family: Sales Engineering
Job ID: R01216