Find Your Forward as a Senior Windows Systems Engineer at Fiserv, a FORTUNE™ 500 member, and join the industry leader in financial services technology. With more than 22,000 associates around the world, we’re pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in financial services with deep expertise and a commitment to innovation. We support our team with a collaborative work environment that values leadership and new ideas. Members of our Windows Systems Engineering team thrive on this environment to build the solutions that power more than 13,000 banks and businesses worldwide.
In this role, you’ll help build the technology responsible for our core services. Your work will influence the success of companies across the world. Members of our Technology team are experts in the field, working to evaluate and improve today’s systems while building tomorrow’s.
- The Windows Platform Engineering team is responsible for end-to-end delivery of infrastructure solutions that support line of business, customer-facing facing applications.
- Working with cross-functional engineering teams and project management, the Senior Engineer will deliver an infrastructure solution that is technically sound, resilient to failure, operationally supportable, and meets the requirements of the business.
- Delivery of the infrastructure solution includes a variety of skills including infrastructure architecture; hands-on build-out and configuration of the infrastructure, as well as project technical lead ensuring projects are delivered within scope and on-time.
- A high degree of collaboration with disparate core infrastructure engineering teams is required to provide the right level of agility within a defined delivery process.
- The ideal candidate will exhibit strong leadership skills, will be forward thinking, will be self-motivated, and will be able to work effectively in a diverse, highly talented team, continuously striving for excellence.
- The ideal candidate will exhibit strong client-facing skills, leadership skills, will be forward thinking and have the ability to work across a multitude of technical and non-technical groups.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Technical leadership for project based assignments Working with cross-functional project teams to design and implement highly available .NET solutions using Microsoft, VMWare, EMC and other class-leading vendor technologies.
2. Manage one or more of the following technologies: Active Directory, Internet Information Server (IIS), System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), System Center Configuration Manager(SCCM), System Center Orchestrator (SCO), SQL Server, Microsoft Cluster Server, Threat Management Gateway (TMG) Providing technical documentation to project and Operations teams as part of project deliverables.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field experience OR a High School diploma and 5+ years of professional work experience
Job Related Experience:
- 5+ years of systems engineering experience
- Experience interacting with customers and appropriate representatives to analyze, validate, specify, verify, document and manage the requirements.
- Current, enterprise-class Infrastructure/System Engineering experience with Microsoft platforms running on Intel servers utilizing directly attached and SAN attached storage.
- Experience designing, implementing and managing one or more of the following technologies: Active Directory, Internet Information Server (IIS), System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), System Center Configuration Manager(SCCM), SQL Server, Microsoft Cluster Server, Threat Management Gateway (TMG)
- Experience implementing hosted and stand-alone .NET solutions.
- Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, CIFS.
- Experience designing and implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Scripting experience (Batch, WMI, VBScript, Powershell).
- Experience working on a matrix team consisting of a variety of Infrastructure Engineering groups, as well as Development groups and Client Relationship groups.
- Willingness and capability of quickly learning new technologies required for accomplishing project goals.
- Willingness and ability to produce high quality operational documentation, including Visio diagrams, high-level descriptions of the environment, as well as detailed instructions outlining the steps required to repeat the build-out and configuration of the infrastructure.
- Strong customer service skills with high level of professionalism, and ability to work with complex situations.
- High organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work efficiently and productively with minimal direction or guidance
- Capable of exercising discretion and independent judgment
- Ability to handle extremely confidential information in a professional manner
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a high level of confidence
- Travel less than 5% of the year
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- VMWare Certified Professional (VCP)
Fiserv, a leader in digital financial services has an opening for Windows Systems Engineer. Come work in the most sophisticated and cutting edge Windows environments in the Global Financial Technical Services Industry. We are looking for people that enjoy the challenge of engineering complex engineering Windows solutions in a high-paced, mission critical environment. If interested please contact us to start your next great career move.
- Fiserv is one of the largest and most successful financial services companies in the world
- We’re successful, we’re growing and we have a bright future for you!
- Renowned for our commitment to quality of life balance for our employees
- Excellent benefits
- Collaborative, work hard, play hard environment
- High degree of collaboration on cutting edge infrastructure solutions
- Ability to work remote one day a week
- Ongoing training
- Fun, dynamic work culture
- Awesome management team
A little about us: