The Distributed Engineering team is responsible for end-to-end delivery of infrastructure solutions to external customers. Working with Development, Product and other Infrastructure Services teams, the Windows System Administrator - Senior will deliver an infrastructure solution that is technically sound,
resilient to failure, operationally supportable, and meets the requirements of the business. This role will be assisting with a project involving relocation of a Fiserv office and assets to another Fiserv location.
Delivery of the infrastructure solution includes a variety of skills including infrastructure architecture; hands-on build-out and configuration of the infrastructure, as well as project technical lead ensuring projects are delivered within scope and on-time. A high degree of collaboration with Development and other IS teams is required to provide right level of agility within a defined delivery process
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership for project based assignments.
- Working with cross-functional project teams to design and implement highly available .NET solutions using IIS and related Microsoft technologies.
- Manage one or more of the following technologies: Active Directory, Internet Information Server (IIS), System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), SQL Server, Microsoft Cluster Server, Threat Management Gateway (TMG).
- Providing technical documentation to project and Operations teams as part of project deliverables.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration and 5 – 10 years of related experience OR High School diploma and 10 – 15 years of job related professional work experience.
Job Related Experience:
- Experience interacting with customers and appropriate representatives to analyze, validate, specify, verify, document and manage the requirements.
- Current, enterprise-class Infrastructure/System Engineering experience with Microsoft platforms running on Intel servers utilizing directly attached and SAN attached storage.
- Experience designing, implementing and managing one or more of the following technologies: Active Directory, Internet Information Server (IIS), System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), SQL Server, Microsoft Cluster Server, Threat Management Gateway (TMG).
- Experience implementing hosted and stand-alone .NET solutions.
- Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, CIFS.
- Experience designing and implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Scripting experience (Batch, WMI, VBScript, PowerShell).
- Experience working on a matrix team consisting of a variety of Infrastructure Engineering groups, as well as Development groups and Client Relationship groups.
- Willingness and capability of quickly learning new technologies required for accomplishing project goals.
- Willingness and ability to produce high quality operational documentation, including Visio diagrams, high-level descriptions of the environment, as well as detailed instructions outlining the steps required to repeat the build-out and configuration of the infrastructure.
- Strong customer service skills with high level of professionalism, and ability to work with complex situations.
- High organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work efficiently and productively without direction or guidance.
- Capable of exercising extreme discretion and independent judgment.
- Ability to handle extremely confidential information in a professional manner.
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a high level of confidence
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MSCE)
A little about us: