Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
The Senior Systems Engineer is an accomplished solution architect of virtualization and cloud services, leading strategic consulting with C-Level executives on business transformation and cost optimization derived from virtualization technologies and cloud services. The Senior Solution Architect is responsible for building and maintaining "trusted advisor" relationships with senior client personnel within both business and IT organizations. The Senior Solution Architect designs and delivers IT transformation and business transformation programs exploiting the potential of Cloud Computing and other related technologies.
In addition, the Senior Systems Engineer has an outward-facing role at Virtustream, to participate in pre-sales activities and public dialogue about the rapidly changing landscape around virtualization and cloud, through blogs, white papers, articles, conference participation, and other thought leadership activities.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in leading the sale and delivery of advisory consulting services, development of business cases, design of solution architectures, and multi-phased, complex migration programs that address technology, people/organization, and process change. In addition, a successful candidate must be able to understand complex IT and business problems and apply technology and product portfolio knowledge to solve customer problems in a consultative manner and articulate the advantages of infrastructure optimization and technology solutions as well as explain the competitive advantage and ROI achieved through various alternatives. Essential Job Functions
- Sell and deliver high-impact business transformation programs through the use of Cloud Computing and other related technologies
- Design solution architectures and develop migration roadmaps
- Develop business case, including ROI and TCO analysis
- Lead client engagements with a support team of strategists and analysis
- Identify opportunities for engagement expansion within existing accounts
- Engage in pre-sales architecture and business process evaluations, for qualification and sales support of Virtustream services
- Manage complex change programs involving client, Virtustream and other vendor personnel
- Maintain a public-facing thought leadership presence, actively contributing to the public dialogue about virtualization and cloud services Requirements
- Advanced degree or equivalent; 10+ years of experience in virtualization.
- World-class technical skills and experience designing and implementing IT infrastructure solutions, involving virtualization and cloud technologies.
- Leading certifications in core and advanced virtualization technologies and vendor programs, such as VCP, CCNE, MCP/MCSE/MCITPs
- Extensive knowledge of the Cloud market and the key vendor offerings
- Working knowledge of ITIL
- Technical knowledge of cloud architectures including SaaS, PaaS and IaaS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience communicating value, progress, and metrics (status) of key projects to required stakeholders and diverse audiences (technical and business)
- Ability to work as part of a geographically dispersed team
- Willingness to travel 50%
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Sales Engineering
Job ID: R11829
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.